This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Wall Switch Recommended
60 CFM Quiet Bath Fan Only with 4.5 Sones
Not all Fans are Created Equal
Life Safety Professionals work hard to develop and enforce building codes to eliminate or reduce potential threats. Nothing can be more frustrating and sometimes more costly than not having the correct product to comply with the building code for your project.
Wood is a Combustible Material
When you’re building a multi- family residential project using wood frame construction you’ll need to comply with stringent requirements to prevent the spread of fire. These are likely to include the use of fire rated products for ceiling penetrations such as bathroom exhaust fans. Air King Fire Rated Fans have been tested and are UL Listed for use in wood frame construction and have been successfully tested by UL in more truss designs than any major manufacturer.
You will see competitor certifications that will say “For use in any fire resistive Floor or Roof-Ceiling assembly”. That doesn't necessarily mean UL listed for wood frame construction. Wood construction is NOT fire resistive; wood is a combustible material that fire fighters usually consider fuel. The UL requirement for Listing in this case requires mounting and testing of the fan in each approved truss design above an actual fire. You know you have the right product for the application when the manufacturer provides the truss design numbers for which the product was tested. No design number - Not UL Listed for wood frame construction. Air King Fire Rated Fans on the other hand are currently UL Listed for the greatest number of wood frame truss designs. Be sure you have the right product and save yourself a lot of time and trouble by starting with Air King.
Over the forty years Air King has been in business, they have developed something of a reputation for manufacturing quality ventilation products, offering products at a good value, and providing excellent service for their products. Air King believes that a home is more than just a house, it is a sanctuary from the busy world, so shouldn't it be comfortable as well? Their mission is to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and more convenient, and they have delivered for over 40-years.
- California Title 24 Compliant
- Easily Installs Using the Double Thick Keyhole Mounting Tabs or the Included Adjustable Hanging Bracket
- UL Listed for the following Wood Frame Construction Truss Designs: L501, L502, L503, L506, L507, L508, L512, L513, L514, L515, L516, L517, L519, L522, L523, L533, L537, L545, L581, L583
- 3” Metal Duct Collar with Back Draft Damper
- High Sound Level
- Three Part System that Includes: Housing, Motor/Blade/Grill, and Damper
- Low Profile and Durable, All Metal Grill with a Painted Finish
- Available in Single Packs or in contractor Packs of 6
- Effective Ventilation For: Bathrooms from 55-75 sq. ft
Additional Air King Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Air King Products
- Shop All Air King Fire Rated Collection Products
Our SKU: Air King FRAS60
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Air King FRAS60
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.