How To Replace or Install a ToiletThis step by step How-To will teach you to replace or install a new toilet. Replacing your existing toilet is easy and can save on water usage.
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Toilet Seat Required
- Fully covered under a 2 year warranty - 2 times the industry standard
- Quick, quiet flushing - American Standard toilets are famously efficient and hushed
- Industry-leading flushing system out-performs older toilets while using less than 1/2 the water
- Tank flushing components specially engineered to withstand chemically-treated urban water
- Sanitary bar on bowl prevents liquids from traveling under the tank
- Elongated bowl shape - more comfortable than a round bowl
- Two-piece toilet - less cumbersome than one-piece designs to lift, carry, and install
- Chair-height bowl - easier to sit and stand; appropriate for adults and the elderly
- Right mounted tank lever
- Perfected porcelain casting process and adjustable tank anchors eliminate "tank wobbles"
- Straight-forward installation instructions are included with each toilet
- 100% factory flush tested - guaranteed to perform
- Toilet seat is not included - when adding to cart, options that fit this toilet will be presented
- Wax ring kit (for installation) is not included - when adding to cart, this inexpensive item will be presented
AS 2 Flushing:
- 2” flush valve – The flush starts with a flushing system that employs a standard 2” valve opening. Controlled by a flapper that is engineered to be chemical-resistant, American Standard flushing systems are highly regarded for their durability.
- 360 degree cleaning – Water entering the bowl does so in a sweeping 360-degree motion. This is designed to help completely clear the bowl, even while using less water.
- Powerful siphoning water jet – A perfectly positioned water jet captures the circular flow of water for optimal performance with minimal energy loss (water doesn’t hit a flat spot and slow down). As waste and water exit, they are siphoned into the trapway for an unmatched push/pull one-two punch.
- 2” fully glazed trapway – Waste and water exit the toilet through a 2” trapway that is fully glazed, which seals it and provides for a smooth surface that waste can in no way cling to.
Other Technologies / Benefits:
- Right Height – Right Height bowls lift the sitting-height an additional 1.5 inches off the ground for a more comfortable seated position that is easier to get in and out of. This feature is particularly well liked by men, taller women, and the elderly.
- Overall Height: 29-7/8" (measured from the bottom of the base to the highest point on the toilet)
- Overall Length: 29-3/4" (measured from the back of the tank to the front of the rim)
- Overall Width: 18" (measured from the furthest point on the left to the furthest on the right)
- Bowl Height: 16-1/2" (measured from the bottom of the base to the rim)
- Rough In: 12" (measured from wall behind toilet to center of waste outlet hole in floor)
- Flush Valve Size: 2" (diameter of the inlet for water entering bowl from tank)
- Trapway Size: 2" (diameter of the outlet for water/waste exiting the bowl)
- Flow Rate: 1.6 GPF (gallons-per-flush)
- Water Area: 9" X 8" (inner rim dimensions length X width)
- Water Depth (From Rim): 6-1/2"
- Tank Trip Lever Placement: Right
- 2428.800 - This model
- 2428.012 - This model with left-hand trip lever
About American Standard:An American brand with over 140 years of innovations, American Standard is defined by experience, intelligence, and indelible influence. As the patriarch for nearly every key product category for the kitchen and bath, their offering shows a level of thoughtfulness and sophistication that could only be attributed to a company with a legacy as rich as that of American Standard. Today, professional plumbers and contemporary DIY home owners continue to turn to American Standard because they appreciate this legacy and know they can trust the innovations behind each product. It is for this reason that American Standard is so widely used within residential and commercial projects in both the United States and abroad - their products truly deliver, just as they have for generations.
Additional American Standard Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All American Standard Products
- Shop All American Standard Evolution Collection Products
Our SKU: American Standard 2428.800
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
American Standard 2428.800.020 Product Specifications
|Collection||Evolution 2, Evolution|
|Flush Type||Siphon Jet|
|Flush Valve Size||2|
|Gallons Per Flush||1.6|
|Installation Type||Floor Mounted|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 Year|
|Trip Lever Placement||Right|
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.