Rated 5 out of
SuperbAbsolutely love this faucet and have no regrets whatsoever...except that I didn't buy it sooner. Unlike the professional pre-rinse faucets, the sprayer on this one will stay on, without holding the button (which is precisely what I wanted). Then it returns to the straight stream once you turn the water off, then back on. You can alos mount it so that the on/off handle is anywhere you want it (left side, right side, front). This is one fantastic faucet!!
Date published: 2010-02-07
Rated 4 out of
Functional Mid-Line FaucetSemi-Professional (or "pre-rinse") faucets say you mean business. From my perspective, after you used one of these, other faucets seem wimpy or inconvenient.
First, the kitchen faucet is the most used appliance in a house - - why be inconvenienced by a design choice like 2 handles when 1 handle control is so much better.
Next, the pull down sprayer is also more convenient than pull-out and side sprays. All pull-out sprays will eventually leak. Side sprays are damaged from frequent pulling & inserting the spray onto the neck.
With this American Standard model, here are things to note:
(1) With AS, you will be able to find or obtain replacement parts. Compare that with other brands.
(2) I was disappointed that at this price point, this was made in China (nothing against China, but American Standard lowers it cost without lowering the selling price). Delta faucets are mostly made (assembled) in the US, although their accessories are made in China. Interestingly, Hans Grohe, the ones I bought, are made in the US.
(3) Although the Pekoe looks tall/big, it's not, at about 21.5 inch high. The metal spring hose tunnel is quite stiff, so you can't direct the hose down too much.
(4) The nozzle is plastic; I thought it is a cost cutting "feature" but some say plastic will insulate hot water when you touch it; I still say it's cheap.
(5) Installation was easy (the hard part is removing the old faucet and making sure your connections are not leaking water, and sometimes old valves need to be replaced. The faucet is held tight to the surface by a great hardware setup - - a plastic collar squeezes the faucet on the bottom surface - - a metal plate is screwed onto the barrel neck, and 3 screws are slowly & uniformily tightened to press against the plastic collar.
A 2nd person is helpful to hold the faucet upright as the the barrel is short & you may be able to insert the pressure place unless the faucet is upright.
My old faucet was poorly designed: pressure was apply by a single phillips head bolt; a better design would be phillips & slot head.
(6) The 2.2gpm aerator allows plenty of water flow.
(7) The nozzle has a spray/stream switch - - when water is turned off, it reverts back to stream. The arm holding the nozzle has a plastic bushing which keeps the hose neck from abrasing against the arm - - a cheap Home Depot brand "semi-pro" faucet didn't have a bushing (maybe someone removed it from the display), and the connection collar will be worn by inserting the nozzle into the arm.
(7) Styling is "modern" but I'm using it in a traditional style kitchen. The pro bloggers say stick with Delta & Moen faucets (they have great after purchase support over the faucet's lifetime).
(8) The arm swivels and it is sealed by 2 rubber rings -- others have reported leaks but AS will provide replacement rings.
(9) You will need some clearance for the control knob to turn back (hot) - the knob turns forward for cold. My spacing is tight between window sill/backsplash and edge of sink.
The Pekoe also has marked supply hoses for hot & cold. They are 3/8" compression - they didn't have a rubber washer as I see with toilet connections, but as this is potable water, maybe code requires metal-to-metal only - I don't know.
Keep the documentation, and leave it for the next owner. Either you or the next person will likely need a replacement part in the faucet lifetime. I couldn't identify my old faucet at all -- no markings, and I dropped $325 (chrome) for this, but it is a far better appliance than my old 2 handle one.
Date published: 2013-03-26
Rated 5 out of
Great design!After checking with big box stores, I found out that one drawback of 'pull out' type kitchen faucets is that they don't reseat themselves properly after some usage. This faucet is stunning in appearance and I'm really pleased with the function of the design. Love that I can have a spray option stationary to rinse food, or lift faucet out of holder to rinse sink. Also, wanted a significant and easy access handle to turn on faucet with arm when hands are dirty.
Unfortunately, first faucet shipped leaked upon installation (I'm hoping it was just a bad day at the factory, and not a sign of future woes....), but FaucetDirect was fast and pleasant about replacing it. New one works great.
Polished chrome does show water spots, so heads up.
Date published: 2012-05-17
Rated 5 out of
Awesome FaucetI purchased the faucet in chrome as I have another spigot for the reverse osmosis system that I wanted to match. It is just a super faucet that works with ease. I purchased the Pegasus chocolate granite offset double sink to go with the faucet and it clears the middle divider with ease. Excellent sprayer head that works well too. I will say that visitors certainly notice this faucet and immediately want to know where I purchased this sink, how much, and if I like it. All seem to be impressed. I did not install it as I called my local plumber to install both the sink and faucet which appeared to go in quite well.
Date published: 2012-10-25
Rated 5 out of
Fantastic!Can not give this faucet enough compliments. Even our plumber liked it. He even said this is better then the pull out sprayer type faucets because if they ever leak it is much harder to find where the problem is compared to this faucet where everything is out in the open. It really gives your kitchen an updated look. The function of the sprayer is superb for rinsing dishes and for your prep work. Helps when cleaning your sink as well.
Date published: 2012-01-21
Rated 4 out of
Its a nice faucetI like the faucet, it looks really nice with my stainless steel apron sink. I thought that the plastic sprayer piece would bother me (the fact that its plastic) but its fine and looks just like metal like the rest of the fixture. It was easy to install. I like the spray setting and wish it defaulted to that setting every time the faucet was turned on instead of the stream setting.
The faucet hangs down really low, only about 6" of clearance above the divider between the two sinks, which can get in the way, other than that I am happy with my purchase.
Date published: 2012-04-24
Rated 5 out of
Great choice!When our Grohe faucet gave out suddenly we decided to replace it with this American Standard. We were a little nervous because of the style and size but when we took it out of the box we knew we made the right choice. We had it professionally installed today and everything went perfectly. It makes quite a "statement" and is anything but boring. We couldn't be happier with our choice.
Date published: 2011-08-18
Rated 5 out of
Worth the PriceThis faucet has certainly met my expectations. It's attractive and functional. I've only had the faucet for a few months but it feels sturdy and is easier to keep clean than I had expected. I would only note this faucet doesn't have a base plate. I replaced a faucet with a base plate and so had to buy and install separate chrome hole covers but it's not a insurmountable problem.
Buy the American Standard 4332.350 at Build.com. Research American Standard 4332.350 online. Find American Standard 4332.350 features and specifications. Get the best deal by comparing the American Standard 4332.350 today.
The cost to ship items varies by item, shipment and shipping option.
Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $49 *
Standard ground shipping transit time is 5-7 business days.
Free Freight Shipping on Orders Over $1500 *
Curb side delivery (also called freight or "LTL" shipping) is reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items like chandeliers, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. Items are palletized and loaded onto a large truck for shipment, and delivered to your curb by scheduled appointment. Transit time is 7-10 business days.
* For exact shipping costs, add the product(s) to your cart and enter your zip code. All offers pertain to the lower 48 states and do not include deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii or Canada.