This stylish and durable passage door knob set will make an amazing addition to any home. A gorgeous rosette is included that combines seamlessly with the knob to create a beautiful look. While the concealed screws provide a smooth and uninterrupted style. With a 28° rotation for easy turning and smooth operation, Baldwin's Estate latch is an industry standard. Coming from the Filmore Knob Collection, this has many amazing features that elevate it above the rest!
- Solid forged brass
- Finished and polished by hand
- Premium 28° Estate Latch
- Concealed Screws
- The anti-friction nylon insert provides quiet closing and reduces strike plate scratches
- Working parts are precisely machined for maximum strength
- Lifetime Finishes create a surface highly resistant to the effects of weather and normal wear and tear
- Lever-strength latches are built with heavy-duty springs to offset the solidity of Baldwin levers
- 5048 Rose
Key Product Attributes:
- Passage Function: Baldwin's passage knobsets have no locking function and are free turning on both sides. These knobs are perfect for a hallway or closet where no locking is necessary. Sometimes passage knobs are used in conjunction with a deadbolt for an entrance or back door.
- Solid Forged Brass Construction: All Baldwin hardware begins with raw bars of solid brass which are heated, and pounded into specially made dies—producing a stronger, more substantial product when compared to simpler casting techniques. Many door hardware products are crafted from aluminum or plated steel, but the difference between these lesser metals and heat forged brass is noticeable the minute you hold them in your hands—solid brass is heavier, smoother, and naturally resists corrosion, making it the ideal material to construct high quality, reliable door hardware.
- Premium Estate Latch: An industry standard, Baldwin's Estate latch features a 28 degree rotation providing for much easier turning and smoother operation than latches utilizing a 40 degree rotation. To compensate for the solidity of Baldwin levers, each lever-strength latch also includes heavy-duty springs to offset the weighty construction that accompanies solid forged brass. Further, each Baldwin latch comes with an anti-friction insert that allows for nearly silent closing while also greatly reducing strike plate scratches.
- Concealed Screws: Baldwin Estate Collection knobs and rosettes install cleanly on both the interior and exterior of the door, completely concealing all screws required for the installation. All you'll ever see is the door, and the hardware you've chosen for it—seamlessly co-existing.
- Living Finishes: Baldwin Living Finishes, which include Non-Lacquered Brass, Vintage Brass, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and Distressed Oil Rubbed Bronze, are designed to mimic the patina of a well-loved piece of vintage hardware, and as such will change and adapt over time naturally. For those who appreciate the well-worn look of aged door hardware, but still require the strength and durability of a Baldwin finish, Living Finishes are an ideal fit.
- Lifetime Finishes™: Baldwin's multi-patented Lifetime Finishes™ provide unprecedented protection against the effects of weather, normal wear and tear, and even the rigorous test of coastal salt air. By adapting the vapor deposition processed used to create premium gold pens, Baldwin creates a unique surface across your door hardware that is guaranteed to withstand the ravages of time.
- Handing: Reversible
- Rose Diameter: 2-5/8"
- Material: Solid Brass
- Concealed Screws: Yes
- Projection: 2.69"
- Knob Diameter: 2.53"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 1-3/4"
- Cross Bore: 2-1/8"
- Backset: 2-3/8" and 2-3/4"
The tradition of craftsmanship and commitment to quality run deep at Baldwin. Since 1946, skilled artisans have forged Baldwin Estate hardware by hand, meticulously operating forges and hand-polishing each intricate knob, lever, and handleset. We still use time-tested techniques, such as heat forging, metal plating, and hand polishing. While many hardware manufacturers use the casting technique, Baldwin uses forging to create the flawless look that when polished, will appear completely free of impurities and defects. It is through the skillful and meticulous attention to detail and use of the finest materials that we can achieve high-performance hardware that not only look beautiful and flawless but can also withstand the elements and time.
Additional Baldwin Links
Our SKU: Baldwin 5080.PASS
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Baldwin 5080102PASS
Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Baldwin 5080030PASS
- Baldwin 5080260PASS
- Baldwin 5080150PASS
- Baldwin 5080112PASS
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.