Broan Solar Attic Fan ReviewFor your convenience Brent Holland and his team have put together a review of the Broan Solar Attic Fan. Enjoy.
Curb Mount, Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
Upgrade your home and save up to $180 per year through the use of the Broan Solar Powered Attic Ventilator. As a green product requirng only energy from the sun and no additional electricity, you can put the money you might have spent on powering an electrical ventilator back into your pocket.
- An added lip makes the curb mount design perfect for flat, tiled or unusually steep roofs; fabricate a simple frame from 2x4s to create a solid platform and assist in water runoff
- 28-watt solar panel captures sunlight from dawn to dusk and efficiently converts it into electric power to keep your attic cool and dry all day long, providing 537 Maximum CFM and year round protection for the structure of your home
- 12” diameter, one-piece aluminum 5-blade fan is pitched for maximum air flow to keep your living area cooler, extend the life of your air conditioner and save energy and money
- Compact base footprint means fewer shingles to cut for easier, faster installation
- Low profile, integrated design for an attractive, unobtrusive addition to your roof without the need for props or pivoting stands used by some manufacturers
- Rugged, tempered glass solar panel withstands large hail and won’t delaminate so you can be confident in its reliability, functionality and attractive appearance
- Housing is a molded design of UV-stabilized, color-dyed, rugged ABS plastic that withstands hail and resists fading to remain attractive for years; may also be painted to match your roof color
- Housing frame features positive stops to “seat” the dome for fast, easy installation
- Direct-current, variable voltage motor is dynamically balanced for superior performance and silent operation for years of worry-free operation
- Includes stainless steel fasteners and galvanized steel brackets for durability and corrosion resistance, and aluminum, heavy-gauge screen to keep out insects, animals or birds without impeding airflow
- Optional thermostat is easy to install and disables the motor when the temperature dips below 50-degrees, to extend motor life; recommended for climates where cold weather condensation isn’t a concern
In addition to your energy savings throughout the year, you save even more with a 30% Federal Tax Credit on both the purchase price and installation costs of your Solar Powered Attic Ventilator. Section 25D of the Internal Revenue Code provides a 30% tax credit to individuals for "qualified solar electric property expenditures" made by the taxpayer during taxable years beginning after December 31, 2008. Qualified solar electric property expenditures are expenditures for property which uses solar energy to generate electricity for use in the taxpayer's residence. We cannot provide tax advice and you should consult your tax consultant about any changes in the law, your individual circumstances, and how to claim the credit.
- 30% Tax Credit
- CFM: 537
- Roof Opening Width: 14" diameter
- Dome Dimensions: 26.5" x 29.9" x 7.75"
- Dome Height from Roof: 10"
- Dome Material: ABS Plastic
- Fan Blade: 5 Blade Aluminum
- Housing Dimensions: 25.5" x 25.5"
- Insect/Critter Screen: Yes
- Installation Type: Surface / Curb
- Motor: DC Variable Voltage
- Power Type: Solar Powered
- Solar Panel Makeup: Polycrystalline Silicon
- Solar Panel Watts: 28
- Warranty: 6 years / 2 year motor
Additional Broan Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Broan Products
- Shop All Broan Solar Power Attic Fan Collection Products
Our SKU: Broan 345CSO
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Broan 345CSOBK
- Broan 345CSOWW
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
|Tax Credit Form|
|Tax Credit Form|
|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Function||Attic Fan, Solar|
|Made in America||Yes|