Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.
Broan 509 Reviews
Rated 5 out of
A very fine fanThe Broan 509 is a very fine fan. Couple comments:
- I needed a strong fan with a separate variable speed control. It was easy to find the Broan 512M fan which is advertised as working with the 57W/57V speed control, but the 512M is only 6" and 70 CFM, too weak. It was less easy to find the 509 which is 8" and 180 CFM, and I had to ask to determine whether the 57 speed control works with it, which it does. Broan could do a better job of marketing here.
- The installation instructions say to transfer the initial drill hole from inside to outside, but that's not accurate enough to make the outside fan hole match the inside one, and if they don't match you're in trouble. If I had used the initial drill hole mine would have been off by nearly an inch. To get it right, make the inside fan hole, insert the metal cylinder so it touches the inside surface of the exterior wall, then drill several holes at the circumference and use those to position the outside fan hole.
- Once installed, this fan looks, sounds, and performs very nicely in every way.
Date published: 2010-10-30
Rated 5 out of
Im a fan of this fanThis is a great item. It was delivered quickly. It has a nice heavy vent shroud for outside the house. It mounts easily. It really moves air and is fairly quiet.
Date published: 2010-03-01
Rated 4 out of
Date published: 2010-12-01
Rated 5 out of
Date published: 2011-04-23
I cannot tell from the drawings how the air exits the back side of this fan assembly. It appears there is a square box on the back side that drafts the air at a 90 degree angle of the intake. Does the air go straight out of the fan into an 8" duct or is it diverted through the box to a different angle?
A. The Broan 509 has an 8" round duct, you will need to run your own ventilation pipe and cap.
What does sones mean?
A. Sones is going to be a unit of measurement for sound. So for example talking 4 feet away normal voice would typical be rated between 1 and 4 Sones.
What is the recommended variable speed control switch for use with a Broan 509 exhaust fan?
The preferred switch would be the Broan 57W. I hope this helps!
Buy the Broan 509 in White at Build.com. Research Broan 509 in White online. Find Broan 509 in White features and specifications. Get the best deal by comparing the Broan 509 in White today.
The cost to ship items varies by item, shipment and shipping option.
Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $49
Standard ground shipping transit time is 5-7 business days.
* This offer excludes deliveries made to Alaska and Hawaii.
Free Freight Shipping on Orders Over $1500
Curb side delivery (also called freight or "LTL" shipping) is reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items like chandeliers, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. Items are palletized and loaded onto a large truck for shipment, and delivered to your curb by scheduled appointment. Transit time is 7-10 business days.
* For exact shipping costs, add the product(s) to your cart and enter your zip code.