- 14kW of power will ensure your home will retain power through unexpected outages
- Connects to existing liquid propane or natural gas fuel supply for easy and efficient power
- Covered under 3 Year Commercial / Residential Warranty
- Enclosure made from galvanneal steel is sturdy and offers superior corrosion resistance
- Weather Resistant – RhinoCoat paint finish
- Nexus Digital Controller provides system status to compatible Nexus wireless monitors
- UL Listed to UL2200 Engine / Generator Standard for Safety
- Automatic Transfer Switch Included – 14 Circuit Load Center Style Auto Transfer Switch (100A) with 1' flexible fuel line and DVD manual
- Self-Test Mode – periodically runs a self test to ensure that your generator will ready to work when you need it
- Generac OHVI Engine – The only engine specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability needed to power through the most severe weather outages
- 1.8L 2-Cylinder Engine Ensures Optimum Efficiency
- Engine CC: 992
- Engine RPM: 3600 (the unit’s total rotations per minute)
- Air Cooled
- Covered Under 3 Year Commercial Warranty
- Covered Under 3 Year Residential Warranty
- Includes Low Oil Alert and Automatic Shutdown
Product Technologies / Benefits:
- The Generac OHVI engine is the only engine designed specifically for generator use and has a significantly longer period between scheduled maintenance checkups than competitive engines, saving both time and money.
- Exclusive True Power Technology ensures your sensitive electronics and appliances are safely powered with electricity as clean as utility power and won’t experience any damaging surges.
- Generac’s state-of-the-art Nexus Controller is the most comprehensive available. The dual line, tri-lingual LCD display allows for easy monitoring and management of generator functions.
- Quiet-Test Mode – While all automatic standby generators perform a weekly self-test to validate proper operation, only Generac’s patented, programmable Quiet-Test feature provides an ultra-quiet, neighborhood friendly self-test.
- Generac’s all-weather aluminum enclosure with RhinoCoat paint finish provides the ultimate protection from the elements. Recommended for salt-air, coastal locations and includes a base fascia for additional protection from debris and rodents.
- Overall Height: 29” (measured from the bottom of the base to the highest point on the generator)
- Overall Length: 48” (measured from the back to the front of the generator)
- Overall Width: 25” (measured from the furthest point on the left to the furthest on the right)
- Noise Rating at Normal Operating Load: 66 dbA (when the unit is running a self check)
- NG Power Capacity: 13kW (wattage when running on natural gas)
- LP Power Capacity: 14kW (wattage when running on liquid propane)
- NG Consumption (50% Load): 156 cubic feet per hour
- LP Consumption (50% Load): 1.56 gallons per hour
Additional Generac Links
Our SKU: Generac 5872
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Generac 5872*
Liquid Propane / Natural Gas
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued