- 17kW of power will ensure your home will retain power through unexpected outages
- Connects to existing liquid propane or natural gas fuel supply for easy and efficient power
- Covered under 3 Year Commercial / Residential Warranty
- Enclosure made from aluminum is lightweight and offers superior corrosion resistance
- Weather Resistant – RhinoCoat paint finish
- Nexus Digital Controller provides system status to compatible Nexus wireless monitors
- UL Listed to UL2200 Engine / Generator Standard for Safety
- Self-Test Mode – periodically runs a self test to ensure that your generator will ready to work when you need it
- Generac OHVI Engine – The only engine specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability needed to power through the most severe weather outages
- 1.8L 2-Cylinder Engine Ensures Optimum Efficiency
- Engine CC: 992
- Engine RPM: 3600 (the unit’s total rotations per minute)
- Air Cooled
- Covered Under 3 Year Commercial Warranty
- Covered Under 3 Year Residential Warranty
- Includes Low Oil Alert and Automatic Shutdown
Product Technologies / Benefits:
- The Generac OHVI engine is the only engine designed specifically for generator use and has a significantly longer period between scheduled maintenance checkups than competitive engines, saving both time and money.
- Exclusive True Power Technology ensures your sensitive electronics and appliances are safely powered with electricity as clean as utility power and won’t experience any damaging surges.
- Generac’s state-of-the-art Nexus Controller is the most comprehensive available. The dual line, tri-lingual LCD display allows for easy monitoring and management of generator functions.
- Quiet-Test Mode – While all automatic standby generators perform a weekly self-test to validate proper operation, only Generac’s patented, programmable Quiet-Test feature provides an ultra-quiet, neighborhood friendly self-test.
- Generac’s all-weather aluminum enclosure with RhinoCoat paint finish provides the ultimate protection from the elements. Recommended for salt-air, coastal locations and includes a base fascia for additional protection from debris and rodents.
- Overall Height: 29” (measured from the bottom of the base to the highest point on the generator)
- Overall Length: 48” (measured from the back to the front of the generator)
- Overall Width: 25” (measured from the furthest point on the left to the furthest on the right)
- Noise Rating at Exercise: 60 dbA (when the unit is running a self check)
- Noise Rating at Normal Operating Load: 66 dbA (when the unit is running a self check)
- NG Power Capacity: 16kW (wattage when running on natural gas)
- LP Power Capacity: 17kW (wattage when running on liquid propane)
- NG Consumption (50% Load): 183 cubic feet per hour
- LP Consumption (50% Load): 1.61 gallons per hour
Additional Generac Links
This Generac item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Generac 5886*
Liquid Propane / Natural Gas
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the 5886 and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Generac products with over 400 warehouses across the country.