How To Choose A Wall Oven
Wall Oven Sizing
Wall Oven Dimensions
Measure your existing space's width, depth and height.
Note: There are three standard sizes for wall oven widths (24 inches, 27 inches or 30 inches), so start with that measurement for sizing.
Wall Oven Capacity
Make sure you are purchasing a wall oven that will support your family size and cooking needs.
2 People 2-3 cubic ft; 4 People 3-4 cubic ft; 6+ People 4+ cubic ft
Single Wall Oven
- Most common and economical
- Great for a small family
- Not the best option for kitchens used for entertaining
Double Wall Oven
- Great for larger families
- Cook more dishes at once
- Best option for kitchens used for entertaining
Microwave Wall Oven Combo
- Great way to preserve your counterspace
- Consider for smaller kitchens with more wall space
- Microwave is typically on top
Gas Wall Ovens
- More control over the heat and flame
- Once flame is off, cooking stops
- Natural gas costs are typically cheaper
- More expensive to purchase and install
- Creates a more humid heat, affecting roasting
- Uneven heating tempertures
Electric Wall Ovens
- More affordable to purchase and install
- Even, dry heat distribution, great for roasting
- Instant on and off
- May take longer to heat, look for rapid heating options
- Need power to cook, subject to power otutages
- Electricity rates may cost more
Wall Oven Features
- Convection - circulates the air to make the heat more even throughout the oven. This decreases cooking time by approximately 25%.
- Self-cleaning - a setting used to help keep your oven cleaner.
- Child Safety Lock - a setting used to help keep your children and family safer.
- Auto Shut Off - a setting that will give you added peace of mind and will automatically shut off the oven after a certain period of time.