36" x 36" Type 2 Thermal Protection Stove Board
Hearth pads, which are also known as hearth boards or stove boards, are designed with fireproof materials and look custom made for your stove. This HY-C Type 2 Hearth Pad is primarily used to insulate your floors and walls from the heat produced by a wood stove or furnace. They add cool protection and a warm ambience for your wood, pellet, or gas appliances. If you're interested in one of these appliances there's a good chance that you're going to have to install it with a hearth board in order to maintain safe clearances. If you need protection from embers only you can use a Type 1 Hearth Pad.
- Meets UL1618 Type 2 standards for Thermal and Ember Protection
- Made in the USA
- Protect Your Floors from the Intense Heat, Hot Coals, Ashes and Soot That Wood Stoves Can Produce
- Use Stove Boards Under Other Heating Appliances Such as Kerosene, Gas and Electric Heaters
- Use a Stove Board/Hearth Extender to Protect Your Floor in Front of Your Fireplace
- Stove Boards May Be Used as a Wall Shield to Protect Your Walls From Heat (Wall Spacer Kit – ULSK - not included - must be used)
- R-Value of 1.56
- Square Shape
- Round Corners
- Width: 36"
- Length: 36"
- Thickness: 7/16"
The HY-C COMPANY was founded by Alan Hisey in 1947 in St. Louis, Missouri. Their first product was an aluminum chimney cover manufactured in Mr. Hisey’s garage. HY-C is still owned by the family; currently the third and fourth generations are working in the business. Today the facilities have expanded from the garage to an entire city block just north of downtown St. Louis, plus an auxiliary warehouse in south St. Louis.
Additional Hy-C Links
This Hy-C item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Hy-C T2UL3636BL-1C
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the T2UL3636BL-1C and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Hy-C products with over 400 warehouses across the country.