A question many customers have is, “How much will shipping cost?” That depends on the product category, size, and weight. For exact shipping costs, add the product(s) to your cart and enter your zip code. Below is a breakdown of which products typically ship for free at their respective thresholds.
- Plumbing: Most kitchen, bathroom, and shower faucets ship standard ground for free on orders over $99. Larger plumbing fixtures (like toilets, vanities, tubs, shower doors, and some kitchen sinks) will ship free freight (LTL) on orders over $2,500.
- Lighting: Ships standard ground for free on orders over $49. Larger and/or heavier fixtures (like chandeliers) may require freight shipment (LTL), which is free on orders over $499.
- Door hardware: Ships standard ground for free on orders over $199.
- Cabinet hardware: Ships standard ground for free on orders over $99.
- Range hoods: Can sometimes ship standard ground for free on orders over $199 (depending on the shipment’s size and weight). Larger and heavier range hoods may require freight (LTL) shipment, and will ship for free on orders over $2,500.
- Appliances, Power Equipment, and Lawn & Garden Equipment: The required shipping methods and free shipping thresholds could vary for these heavier items. Add the product(s) to your cart and enter your zip code for exact shipping costs.
Follow these steps outlined below to get an exact shipping cost if you are not certain your product qualifies for free shipping:
- Find the product you’re interested in on our website
- Add it to your shopping cart
- Enter the ship-to zip or postal code
- Choose your shipping method
A few other important tips to keep in mind when determining your shipping cost are:
- Add all the items to your cart before checking the final shipping price.
- We ship by two primary methods:
- Standard shipping: This means UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or another common carrier that provides insurance and tracking.
- "Curb Side Delivery" - AKA Freight or “LTL”: This is reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items such as large sinks, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. As these are placed onto a pallet and require a scheduled delivery and extra insurance, this shipping method is typically more expensive. Adding additional items to this method won’t usually increase the cost a great deal.
Build.com currently mainly delivers via Small Pack and Standard Freight. Our White Glove Delivery is currently available on select appliance products.
Some heavy/large items that require Curb Side Delivery (LTL) may also qualify for free freight, but only applies to the 48 contiguous states*. Free shipping offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, or any international destination. If you have any questions about our shipping rates or methods, our customer and product specialists are available to assist.
*Free Shipping offers are subject to change without notice.
All shipments to Canada are first sent to our consolidation center in order to generate all documents required by customs. All orders will then ship complete from the consolidation center to the customer. For all Canadian shipments, please add 5-7 days to the normal United States shipment times.
- Charges will include all applicable taxes and duties, and no COD fees will be charged at the time of delivery.
- We currently only offer standard ground and LTL service to Canada.
- If you wish to cancel any shipment, you can do so up to the time it’s left our drop ship vendor. Once the items are en route to our consolidation center, it then becomes a return and restocking fees may apply.
- By ordering goods from Build.com, you hereby authorize Build.com's licensed Canadian customs broker chosen by Build.com to act as your agent, and to transact business with the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) to clear your merchandise, account for duties and taxes, to return merchandise through Build.com's Licensed Canadian Customs Broker, and prepare and submit refund claims on your behalf for any merchandise that you return. You understand that the CBSA will send any refund of duties and taxes that were paid on the returned merchandise to the broker, and that you will obtain the refund directly from Build.com. In this connection, you also authorize the customs broker to endorse any refund cheque issued by the CBSA in your name, so that Build.com can be reimbursed.
Please contact our customer and product specialists if you have any questions about our shipping rates or methods.