What's new at Build.com!
Welcome to the new Build.com! Along with the updated look, we have some enhanced features for you. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect from the new and improved Build.com!
On the Homepage:
Once you're on Build.com, right away you'll see things look different:
- Our Drop-Down Menu on the left side of the page allows you to navigate easily through our many departments
- As always you can use our Search Bar at the top of the page to locate what you seek faster
- Take a look at the top right-hand corner of the homepage. This is where you can access Your Account, check your Order Status, Contact Us, or click the Help link if you're having trouble
Moving down the page, our Popular Categories section highlights what most customers are purchasing. Below that, our Popular Brands portion puts the spotlight on our most popular manufacturers. Finally, check out the Current Promotions section to see what sales are up and running ��� or consider viewing the Sales Page in the Left Navigation Column to see all of our Sales, Discounts and available Coupons.
And for those of you on Facebook, we feature the live feed from the Facebook fan page. If you aren't already a fan of Build.com, we invite you to visit our fan page and follow us. If you like what you see on our New and Improved Site feel free to Like us there too!
On the Category Pages:
It's never been easier to navigate and find exactly what you want on the category pages on Build.com. Large, high-resolution images complement updated content to give you the whole story on what you're looking for.
- On the left side of any category page, that category is once again broken down into smaller, more precise products
- On the right side, see the Featured Products that we've chosen to highlight
- Look for Promotions that are occasionally featured on the new category pages
In the Search Results:
When you have all of the product possibilities in front of you, it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty. And, you guessed it: We've improved that part for you, too.
Some search results will reveal products that can be narrowed even further. For example, if you've searched for ���Kitchen Faucets��� on Build.com, your search results page will feature hundreds of kitchen faucets. Above the images, you can also narrow your search by subcategory: Single Handle, Double Handle, Pull Out Spray, Bar, Pot Fillers, etc. You can narrow by subcategory on all applicable search results on Build.com.
Refine your search in other ways in the Narrow Your Results section. Use criteria such as finish, price, special features, style, brand, size, and any standards unique to your search.
The new Compare tool allows you to compare any number of products side-by-side to ensure you find the perfect product. To compare products, select the Compare box on products to add them to your list. This list will show up along the bottom portion of your browser and keep these products until you are ready to see them all side by side. Simply click the Compare button, or clear out the selections from the bottom left. You can also minimize this bar or expand it by clicking on the top of the bar.
Also on the Search Results Page, beneath each product are:
- Manufacturer and product ID number
- Brief description of the product
- Suggested manufacturer pricing, followed by our price
- Customer evaluation in terms of ���stars��� (ex. 5 stars, 4 stars, etc.)
- Indication if the item ships for FREE
- Number of available finishes
- Link to the product's entire collection
Again, be sure to look for Promotions on the search results pages, like SALE, Free Shipping and New.
On the Sale and Coupons Page:
Speaking of sales, we have an entire page devoted to select products and featured collections that are on sale.
We created this page with efficiency and simplicity in mind. Browse the sale page by Featured Coupons and Discounts, Brands, and Category. And if there's a required coupon code, we'll also include that.
In the Information Center:
Sometimes you have questions that go deeper than just browsing for products. Our Information Centers are equipped with in-depth and useful articles that go beyond the product and are designed to help make shopping easier
Visit our Information Center for home improvement basics, tips on DIY projects (like mini makeovers), design ideas, buying guides, and glossaries.
We're thrilled about what the new Build.com has to offer. We hope that you, the customer, finds the new look and content just as exciting as we do, and we're proud to help you with all of your future home improvement projects.