Build.com observes the following holidays, and will be closed on:
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Shipping Rates & Methods
A question many customers have is, “how much will shipping cost?”. For exact shipping costs, add the product(s) to your cart and enter your zip code. Below is a breakdown of our most popular shipping offers.
- UPS Ground Shipping offers: UPS Ground Orders* under $49 start shipping for $5.99, and UPS Ground Orders over $49 ship for free
- Freight (LTL) Shipping offers: Freight (LTL) orders over $1500 ship for free
*some restrictions may apply, always check the shipping on the cart page after entering the ship-to zip code. Hawaii, Alaska and Canada typically do not qualify for free shipping offers.
Every shipment method we use is trackable and insured. Below is a list of our shipment methods and their shipping times. All shipment times are shown in business days (Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays).
We use UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or another common carrier that provides insurance and tracking. Shipments often need to be signed for, while shipments can also be left at the driver's discretion. Items using standard shipping have several speeds:
- Standard Ground Shipping: 5-7 business days. Deliveries eligible for Free Shipping will have this option available.
- Second Day Air: Shipment time is 2 business days—the day following the ship day is the first day. For example, an item that ships on Friday (not counting Saturday or Sunday) will arrive on Tuesday.
- Next Day Air: Shipment time is 1 business day. An item will be delivered the following business day if the carrier receives that item prior to their daily cut-off (varies by carrier). NOTE: When choosing this method, please be aware of the product's Expected Time To Ship (warehouse turn-around).
Curb Side Delivery (also called Freight or "LTL" shipping)
This is reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items like large sinks, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. Items are palletized and loaded onto a large truck for shipment, and delivered by scheduled appointment by lift-gate for to-the-curb service. All items must be inspected for freight damage prior to the driver leaving. Shipment time is 7-10 business days.
Shipment times are average, and remote locations, shipments during the winter holiday season, and cases of extreme weather may exceed the estimated shipment times.To determine the total shipping price for your order:
- Find the product you want to purchase
- Add it to your shopping cart
- Enter the ship-to zip or postal code
- Choose your shipping method
The shipping price for each individual item is usually more than the total cost of a single shipment with multiple items. So, if you're purchasing multiple items, add them all to your cart before checking the final shipping price.
Estimated Shipment Times
If your order is received before noon Pacific Time, you can expect items specifically marked as IN STOCK on the product page to ship as follows:
- Plumbing (faucets, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, etc.): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Lighting: usually ships within 3 business days.
- Door hardware (door knobs, door levers, hinges, cabinet pulls, etc.): usually ships within 3 business days.
- Furniture: usually ships within 5 business days.
- Ventilation (bath fans, range hoods, air purifiers): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Tools (power tools, air tools, generators, etc.): usually ship within 3 business days.
- Vent pipe: usually ships within 3 business days.
During holidays, any orders received will not be processed until the next business day. Items not specifically marked as IN STOCK are either out of stock or located in a warehouse that doesn't provide a live inventory feed. If your order is time sensitive, please contact us to see if your products will ship in a suitable time frame.
Where can I have my order shipped?
We ship anywhere within the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. If you have an APO/FPO/DPO* address, call us at (800) 375-3403 to place and order and obtain a custom shipping quote. We’re currently unable to ship outside the United States and Canada.
We are unable to ship to a United States territory directly. Please use a freight forwarder if that is the product’s end destination.
* Please note that anything marked Freight (LTL) cannot be shipped to an APO/FPO/DPO address since LTL carriers cannot deliver to these addresses and the items are too large to be shipped via USPS/MPS.
Shipping & Order Confirmations
Shortly after placing your order, you'll receive an email confirming that we've received your order. You'll receive a second email when your order has shipped. Please save these email invoices for your records.
Occasionally, we must backorder or source inventory from multiple warehouses. This means that different parts of your order can come from various locations around the country.
If you order more than one item, we'll try our best to send available items together. If only some of the items in your order are available at a single location, we reserve the right to ship you multiple packages from multiple warehouses. If we break your order into multiple packages, you will NOT incur any additional freight charges.
In the unlikely event we're unable to ship your order complete, we reserve the right to ship the stock we have and backorder the items we're unable to ship. You'll be notified via email of the estimated delivery date for your backordered items, and you will NOT be charged additional freight charges for backordered items.