- Automatically turns on INSTEON-controlled lights or appliances when motion is detected
- Automatically turns off after motion stops (adjustable anywhere between 30 seconds and two hours)
- Optional night-only mode keeps lights from turning on during the day
- Adjustable high/low motion sensitivity provides flexible placement
- Adjustable day/night threshold
- Optional dusk/dawn lighting control using a built-in photocell
- Excellent range of up to 150' from nearest Access Point or other dual-band product
- Award-winning INSTEON technology provides superior performance and reliability
- Dual Band: Utilizing both your home's existing power lines and RF technology, Dual-Band INSTEON is the most reliable wireless home control technology. Home control technologies like X10 rely on power line only, suffering from power line noise and signal propagation issues. Newer competitive technologies use RF only; only INSTEON uses both for the best reliability.
- Communication Method: Power-Line, RF
- RF Range: 150ft
- Radio Frequency: 915 MHz
- Motion Detection: 40ft
- Normal & High Sensitivity Modes
- Power Type: Battery (9VDC Included)
- Battery Life: 6 Months min.
- Weight: 4oz
Additional Insteon Links
This Insteon item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Insteon 2842-222
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the 2842-222 and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Insteon products with over 400 warehouses across the country.
Our knowledgeable product specialists work to bring you the best prices on every product and provide unmatched customer service. Your satisfaction is our highest priority!
INSTEON Starter Kit and the INSTEON HubInsteon Hub and Compatible Devices
Insteon App VideoCheck out the Insteon App!
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.