A Century of Kohler Power InnovationTake a look at the history of power generation by Kohler. If you did not know that Kohler was one of the premier names in back-up power generation, you can see what Kohler has been doing for power generation since 1920.
Why choose a Standby Generator vs. Portable GeneratorTake a look at what you should consider when looking at a Home Standby Generator versus a Portable Generator. Home Improvement expert Ed Del Grande gives you the details.
Why should I consider a Standby Generator?This video goes over the question "Do I need a Standby Generator and would this be a worthwhile investment for my home?". Home Improvement expert Ed Del Grande goes over certain reasons why a homeowner may want to invest in a Standby Generator.
How it works - See a Standby Generator in actionTake a moment to see a Kohler Standby Generator in action during a simulated power outage.
Home Standby Generator InstallHome Improvement expert Ed Del Grande goes over the installation of a Kohler Standby Generator at his home. This video takes a moment to give you some insight on what is involved with in a Home Standby Generator installation.
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Transfer Switch Recommended
- 30kW of power will ensure your home will retain power through unexpected outages
- Connects to existing liquid propane or natural gas fuel supply for easy and efficient power
- Covered under 5 Year Commercial / Residential Warranty
- Enclosure made from galvanneal steel is sturdy and offers superior corrosion resistance
- ADC-RES Advanced Digital Control with LED display shows system status and setup information
- UL Listed to UL2200 Engine / Generator Standard for Safety
- Self-Test Mode – periodically runs a self test to ensure that your generator will ready to work when you need it
- GM Vortec Engine – More fuel efficient and quieter than 3600 RPM engines, these engines feature neighbor and budget-friendly operation
- 4-Cylinder Engine Ensures Optimum Efficiency
- Engine Horsepower: 50
- Engine RPM: 1800 (the unit’s total rotations per minute)
- Liquid Cooled
- Covered Under 5 Year Commercial Warranty
- Covered Under 5 Year Residential Warranty
- Includes Low Oil Alert and Automatic Shutdown
Product Technologies / Benefits:
- High Quality Power - Kohler home generators provide advanced voltage and frequency regulation along with ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion for excellent generator power quality to protect your valuable electronics.
- Corrosion-Proof Enclosure - The bold new Kohler design is completely corrosion proof, even in harsh seaside environments, and is impact-resistant even at -34 C (-30 F).
- Fast Response - Kohler’s unique Fast-Response excitation system delivers excellent voltage response and short-circuit capability.
- Quiet Operation - Kohler home generators provide quiet, neighborhood-friendly performance.
- Overall Height: 36.8” (measured from the bottom of the base to the highest point on the generator)
- Overall Length: 72.8” (measured from the back to the front of the generator)
- Overall Width: 36.2” (measured from the furthest point on the left to the furthest on the right)
- Noise Rating at Exercise: 68 dbA (when the unit is running a self check)
- NG Power Capacity: 30kW (wattage when running on natural gas)
- LP Power Capacity: 30kW (wattage when running on liquid propane)
- NG Consumption (50% Load): 300 cubic feet per hour
- LP Consumption (50% Load): 4 gallons per hour
Additional Kohler Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Kohler Products
- Shop All Kohler Kohler Power Systems Collection Products
Our SKU: Kohler 30RESA
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Kohler 30RESA
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
|Kohler Generator Sizing Form|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Battery Type||525 CCA|
|Cooling System||Liquid Cooled|
|Enclosure Material||Galvanneal Steel|
|Engine Brand||General Motors|
|Engine Type||4-Cycle Inline 4|
|Fuel Type||Liquid Propane, Natural Gas|
|Low Oil Alert||Yes|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 Year Commercial, 5 Year Commercial (Engine), 5 Year Residential, 5 Year Residential (Engine)|
|Mounting Pad Material||Concrete|
|Natural Gas Consumption||300|
|Noise Rating||68 dbA (Test)|