Single Handle Pullout Spray Kitchen Faucet from the Purist Collection
Like other reviews have already said this faucet splashes water everywhere.
We put a very deep big sink in the kitchen because we had room and it helps with big tasks. We have black granite countertops which are hard enough to keep clean and streak free, and when finished at the sink there is water all over the place and yes, we are wet too.
I looked into trying to aerate the faucet differently but we're kinda stuck with the what comes with this faucet. Even with the water at half on ... still water is all over the place.
After a year of this I'm looking into finding a better solution for the kitchen.
May 16, 2013
Sleek and stylish
We like the simplicity of this Kohler design. We were going for an uncluttered yet elegant design, with the quality you expect from Kohler. This model delivers on all points. The other advantage is its lower profile. Many of the newer model faucets stand up 15 in. Or more. We did not want the faucet to be the focal point of our room.
The only slight negative is the stream velocity. We have good supply pressure, but the stream is thick and only slightly aerated, so it may seem slower than what you'e used to. This in no way affects the performance. When using the pull-out, the velocity is perfect, providing enough power to remove debris from dishes or the sink.
December 18, 2011
The best way to sum up this faucet is unexpected surprises. I've never used a "high end" faucet before and here are some things that were unexpected. Good and Bad.
1) The water that comes out of the faucet is not aerated so it looks like a weak stream. This is not the case. It is in fact very powerful and makes for big splashes if you're not careful
2) The angle of the water comes straight down. This makes placing the faucets as close to the sink as possible very important or else you have to reach further in which is bad for the back
3) the "whisper quiet" pull out is not silent and does not retract as easily as advertised.
4) the faucet head where it pulls out is not metal but plastic. feels kinda cheap (but lightweight which is good)
5) the spray function is very powerful. sends water splashing everywhere. Must regulate the water pressure.
6) the handle is very easy to manipulate. easy to set a low pressure which is needed!
7) The faucet only locks into place facing directly down. if you want to angle it, you have to pull it out a bit.
The main reason I bought this faucet was it had all the features and the right height for my kitchen. If I wasn't constrained by the height issue, I would've picked a larger goose neck faucet with a pull down.
I'm still pretty happy though...
April 19, 2011
Beautiful Sink Faucet
If you like clean modern lines, this is the faucet for you. The wife loves the integrated spray handle and the laminar flow when not in the spray mode. The installation was very easy replacing an older faucet. We selected the Chrome model as our kitchen already has so much stainless steel from the appliances. A choice we were happy we made (and was less expensive).
September 12, 2010
My first impression was that this was a great product until a week later when one of the buttons on the detachable handle got stuck. I managed to pull it out and it hasn't happened again. I don't know if it got stuck because it's new and needs to loosen up or part of a defect? Other than that, i'm pretty satisfied with this faucet by Kohler.
November 5, 2010
super, snazzy faucet
this is just what we were looking for...something unusual,and totally fabulous looking...my only complaint would be that i would love for it to be just a bit longer (into the sink) there is some splash on the back of the sink going onto the granite counter top behind the undercounter sink mount... which i would prefer to stay dry...
July 17, 2012
Pros: This unit works great. The sprayer has great power and goes in and out with ease.
Cons: The water flow is a bit constrictive but still plenty of sprayer power.
Depth could be longer. Depth = length of horizontal portion of unit.
All and all I'd buy it again.
June 24, 2011
Form and Function!
Faucet is very handsome. Had to replace old faucet which I loved but much happier with this new faucet. Easy to use pull out spray. Good quality.
August 30, 2010