12V 300W Surface Mount Electronic Transformer for the GK LIGHTRAIL(R) Collection
Welcome to the new world of George Kovacs(R) lighting. GK LIGHTRAIL(R) systems represent a fresh approach to the concept of rail lighting systems. Our improved design offers all the options with a simple philosophy; make it easy. Let your imagination run wild as you invent new ways to light your home.
GK LIGHTRAIL(R) are low voltage systems that offers you a complete line of components allowing you to create a lighting plan for any room in your home. It consists of flexible rail, a wide array of fixtures and glass, and a variety of transformers that will adapt to all lighting needs. A complete line of accessories are offered to allow your vision to come to light.
Each surface mounted transformer includes a power feed for a standard 8' ceiling. If using a remote transformer, or if the ceiling is higher than the standard 8", you must use one of the adjustable power feeds. Add up the total number of fixtures and the length of the rail to determine what transformer would be best for your layout.
- 12 Volts / 300 Watts
- 5" Diameter
- 5-1/4" Height
- Includes power feed for a standard 8' ceiling
What is the difference between electronic and magnetic transformers?
- Electronic transformers operate at a high frequency so they are smaller and lighter.
- Magnetic transformers use a lower frequency, are heavier and can operate more efficiently on runs longer than 20' with minimal voltage drop.
What is voltage drop?
- As the power is pushed along the rail each fixture takes its share of the power to operate the light. Therefore, fixtures farthest from the transformer receive less voltage. The fixtures at the end will not be as bright as those closer to the transformer. The magnetic transformer can sustain its full voltage on rail lengths up to 100 feet, Electronic transformers have a maximum voltage up to 20 feet.
What is a power feed?
- The power feed is the piece that feeds power from the transformer to the rail.
Additional Kovacs Links
Our SKU: Kovacs GKTF02
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Kovacs Product Specifications
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.