Do It Yourself: Replacing or Installing a Kitchen SinkChanging out your old kitchen sink for a new one can seem like a very difficult do-it-yourself job. However, it does not have to be! Follow Milan Rosan of Build.com as he shows you the step-by-step process of replacing and installing your kitchen sink in your home.
Real Review: Kraus Kitchen SinksBrent Holland of Build.com reviews the many great features of Kraus kitchen sinks
- Fully covered under Kraus' limited lifetime warranty
- Constructed of 18 gauge premium grade T-304 stainless steel - guaranteed to never rust or corrode
- Commercial-grade satin finish - highly scratch and stain resistant
- Padded, Stone-Guard undercoat applied over rubber pads to reduce sink noise while in use
- Single bowl 22-2/5" sink with traditional rounded corners
- Extra deep (9" depth) design is perfect for the semi-professional kitchen
- Undermount installation; fits 27+" cabinets
- Standard 3-1/2" drain opening compatible with most garbage disposal units (included InSinkErator)
- Height: 9" ( measured from the bottom of sink to the top of the rim)
- Overall Width: 25" (measured from the back outer rim to the front outer rim)
- Overall Length: 22-2/5" (measured from the left outer rim to the right outer)
- Basin Width: 18-7/8" (measured from the back inner rim to the front inner rim)
- Basin Length: 21-1/2" (measured from the left inner rim to the right inner rim)
- Basin Depth: 9" (measured from the center of basin to the rim)
- Installation Type: Drop in
- Number of Faucet Holes: 3
- Drain Outlet Connection: 3-1/2"
- Minimum Base Cabinet Width: 27"
- Kraus 18 gauge Stainless Steel sink
- Stainless steel bottom dish grid (basin rack)
- Stainless steel basket strainer (sink drain assembly)
- Mounting and installation brackets
- Sink cutout template (for countertop cut dimensions)
- Dish towel with Kraus logo
- Specification Sheet / Installation Guide
- Very durable; will never chip or crack
- Dishes usually don't break when dropped during dish washing
- Due to relative weights, stainless steel is generally much easier (and less expensive) to install
- Nonporous; resists bacteria
- Neutral color fits into almost any décor - matches stainless steel appliances
- Premium Grade T-304 Stainless Steel: There are two primary types of stainless steel in the market: T-409 and the higher quality T-304. The difference lies in chromium and nickel contents; T-409 with 11% and .5% respectively, T-304 with 18% and 10%. When added to steel, these two metals prevent oxidation and rust by neutralizing sodium chloride (salt) – a common element in everyday kitchens. While cheaper sinks use T-409, Kraus sinks boast T-304, further lending to the lifetime warranty.
- Sound Insulated: Sound insulated steel is commonly only thought of in the automobile industry. There, auto manufacturers use spray-on “Stone Guard” insulation to provide for a quieter ride and protect the steel. Borrowing this technology and adding to it, Kraus sinks use Stone Guard insulation, sprayed over rubber sound dampening pads to create a noticeably lower-tone and overall quieter kitchen sink. It also protects your cabinet from underside condensation drips.
- Included Dish Grid (Basin Rack) and Basket Strainer (Drain): It’s a wonder why dish grids aren’t included with all sinks; they serve a valuable role. Not only do they virtually eliminate scratches, they allow the sink to properly drain, preventing sink scum and protecting your cutlery. As with all Kraus sinks, this sink includes the stainless steel sink grid along with the stainless steel basket strainer you’ll need for installation.
- Heavily Certified: Kraus has gone to great lengths to be able to provide you, the homeowner, the rest-easy satisfaction knowing that your sink is certified and listed by all the major product testing boards in the U.S. and Canada. This means that this sink is deemed safe to use and that it meets all applicable building codes. Certifications and listings include: UPC, cUPC, CSA, IAPMO, ANSI and SCC.
Additional Kraus Links
Our SKU: Kraus KTM25
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Kraus KTM25
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Kraus KTM25 Product Specifications
|Spec / Installation Sheet|
|Basin Rack Included||No|
|Basin Split||Single Basin|
|Basket Strainer Included||Yes|
|Installation Type||Drop In|
|Number Of Basins||1|