Keyed Entry Function: This knob set is locked and unlocked from the exterior using a key and can be locked and unlocked from the interior using the turnbutton located on the knob. Perfect for securing entrances, side doors, and anywhere else that needs a bit more security.
- Fully adjustable latch to fit all standard door preparations
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 Security
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warrant
- Includes Standard Round Corner Strike Plate Part Number 83796 (Strike Plate is on Door Jamb). For Square Corner Strike Plate See Product: Kwikset 83437. For a T-Strike Plate See: Kwikset 83028.
- There is an optional kit available for 2-1/4" thick doors, see product ID 81714.
- This technology allows you to re-key your lock in seconds with 3 simple steps and features stainless steel racks, pins, and side locking bar for increased strength and security.
- Backset: Adjustable to 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Cylinder: Smartkey 5 Pin
- Cross Bore: 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Door Thickness: 1-1/2", 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-5/8"
- Handing: Left, Right, Reversible
- Knob Diameter: 2-1/8"
- Projection: 2-13/32"
- Product Weight: 1.50 lbs
- 720CN: Passage Knobset
- 730CN: Privacy Knobset
- 740CN-S (This Model): Keyed Entry Knobset
- 788CN: Single Dummy Knob
Additional Kwikset Links
This Kwikset item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Kwikset 740CN-3SBB
- Kwikset 740CN-15SBB
- Kwikset 740CN-11PSBB
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the 740CN-S and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Kwikset products with over 400 warehouses across the country.
Our knowledgeable product specialists work to bring you the best prices on every product and provide unmatched customer service. Your satisfaction is our highest priority!
SmartKey Re-Key TechnologyEasily and securely re-key your lock in seconds using SmartKey Technology. The best security is smart security.
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.