Kwikset Key Control DeadboltKwikset reviews the Kwikset Key Control Deadbolt that allows re-keying for standard and master keys.
SmartKey Re-Key TechnologyEasily and securely re-key your lock in seconds using SmartKey Technology. The best security is smart security.
Kwikset Key Control Deadbolt with the SmartKey Feature FOR MASTER KEYING PROJECTS
Introducing Kwikset's Key Control Deadbolt, featuring SmartKey re-key technology, a revolutionary cost and time-saving alternative to master keying. Re-keying a traditional master key system is labor intensive, time consuming and costly. This is the first two-cylinder Key Control Deadbolt and both cylinders can be re-keyed in seconds, without removing the lock from the door. Retain your one-key access to all units (master key) and gain more flexible key management, all while saving time and money. The new Key Control Deadbolt is the perfect alternative to master keying. (UL Listed model number is Kwikset 817)
- Top concealed cylinder provides one-key control for the property manager
- Lower exposed cylinder allows unique user keys for the tenant
- Re-key your user or control cylinder at any time in seconds
- Maintain key control throughout tenant and employee turnover
- Both Cylinders Feature the SmartKey Re-Key Technology
- Increased Efficiency: Re-key the lock without removing from the door and Save time & money by re-keying yourself
KEY TO THE DIAGRAM IN THE PRODUCT MULTIMEDIA ADDITIONAL IMAGES ABOVE:
- 1a: Concealed Key Control cylinder has a unique patented keyway to provide increased security. Simply rotate the cylinder cap to expose the cylinder for use
- 1b: User cylinder utilizes the traditional Kwikset keyway and keys.
- 1c: Gear assembly enables both cylinders to lock or retract the deadbolt latch.
- ALSO FEATURES: CERTIFIED GRADE 2 ANSI/BHMA SECURITY BUMPGUARD(tm)
- 2a BUMPGUARD - Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack on conventional pin & tumbler locks.
- 2b: DRILL RESISTANCE - Cylinder uses two steel balls inserted into the front of the key face to resist attacks from drilling.
- 2c: PICK RESISTANCE: Superior SmartKey withstands the highest level of UL pick testing, the UL 437, Par. 11.6.
Additional Kwikset Links
Kwikset 816 Product Specifications
|BHMA Certification||Grade 2|
|Cylinder||SmartKey 5 Pin|
|Door Thickness||1-1/2", 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-5/8"|