Kevo Single Cylinder Bluetooth Deadbolt
Give it a while
I installed this lock a month ago and I have spent many long minutes waiting to get into my house. It always eventually opens, but it usually takes 3 or 4 touches. After each touch you wait 6 to 8 seconds while the blue light spins, followed by a flashing red light, or nothing. When leaving the house I have had to lock it manually many times. It's embarrassing with guests. Also, they advertised that you can send e-keys with time constraints to guests, but I have only been able to send "anytime" keys. I was one of the first to buy this product so I expect a lot of the bugs may be worked out by now. It looks great and functions well when it finally goes.
December 5, 2013
This lock was a big problem when I first got it, ended up getting two replacements shipped to me. After two months now, it is working fine for me. I do need to make sure I keep the App open on my iPhone and yes, it has a two to five second response time. My biggest problem was calibration, never has worked for me so I have been using it without calibrating. I only need to touch it once to have it open unlike another reviewer mentioned. I really like the fact that I don't need a key.
February 5, 2014
Slow reaction time to sync you could use a key fa
The phone looses contact with lock frequently and the time it takes to launch the app you could easily. Use a key .do not recommend the lock for frequent door use. If you need a lock for a door maybe a master bedroom to yard not daily it's nice ,
February 1, 2014
The deadbolt works as advertised. You need to have your phone close to the deadbolt. Sometimes ours does not work if the phone is in a coat or pants pocket.
February 11, 2014
Sort of does what it's supposed to do
I was really excited when I learned that I'd be able to lose another key off of my key chain. I pre-ordered this from another website and it was delayed so I got it off of build.com instead and was really excited when it arrived.
That was the best part.
Since then, Kevo has promised that the Android app is on the way and it's still not here and they blame it on Android's Bluetooth settings yet there are a couple of other manufacturers out there that have a BT version that works with Android if you do your research--they both launch in March.
So instead, I now have a fob instead of a key. I did the calibration and it works about 70% of the time. The other 30% I have to reposition my keys a couple of times or sometimes the lock doesn't even respond at all and I find myself having to go to the back door instead.
It's frustrating as I'd had really high hopes for the lock and it's just too early and not well done by any means. I'd hope that it will be able to be flashed with a newer firmware but for now, I'm not buying Kevos for my other two exterior doors. I'll probably be buying an August lock March to replace this one with.
February 6, 2014