Kevo Installation InstructionsInstallation made easy with a step by step video to help you through the process of installing the your new Kevo lock.
Kwikset Kevo FeaturesThe Kevo lock has many features for both convenience and security. Take a look at this video for a quick explanation of what's possible with the Kevo deadbolt.
Kwikset Kevo Deadbolt
How often do you lose your keys? Kwikset's newest product to make life easier is finally here to pre-order today. Kevo blends technology with problem solving into one of the greatest deadbolts on the market.
With the simple touch of your finger with a compatible Smartphone in your pocket, purse or hand, you can easily unlock the deadbolt. If you don't have a Smartphone, the lock can just as easily be operated via the included Key Fob. Additional Key Fobs are also available (purchased separately - 926 KEVO FOB).
Using the Kevo Mobile App, you can easily send an electronic key (eKey) to family, friends, or visitors who have a compatible Smartphone. Make these keys temporary or permanent to maximize flexibility and security. Adding, deleting and disabling eKeys is quick and easy and there's even a Lost Phone Reset should the unthinkable happen.
2 eKeys are included out of the box. These eKeys never expire, can be reassigned from one person to the next, and can be set to either Anytime or Scheduled. Additional eKeys can be purchased within the Kevo Mobile App for $1.99 each. Unlimited Guest eKeys are also provided. See below for details on these types of eKeys.
- Three Types of eKeys -
- Anytime eKey: You can send this eKey to anyone, anywhere, anytime. This eKey never expires and can be reassigned from one person to the next as an Anytime or Scheduled eKey.
- Scheduled eKey: This eKey allows you to pre-set time constraints for the recipient. You control the days and the time of the week when the eKey will be active. This eKey never expires and can be reassigned from one person to the next as a Scheduled or Anytime eKey.
- Guest eKey: This free eKey allows you to give your Guest unrestricted access for a 24 hour period and will then be automatically deleted. If this eKey is not used within 24 hours after the eKey has been sent, it will expire. Guest eKeys are unlimited and can be sent to the same person or different people each time.
- Each eKey is unique and assigned specifically to a Kevo user and Kevo lock
- An eKey can be shared in a few clicks and reassigned to another user at any time
- You are always in full control of who receives an eKey - There are no more unknown copies of the keys to your home
- An eKey cannot be duplicated, unlike a physical key
- The Kevo app helps you monitor all eKey usage for your lock
- You can temporarily disable or completely delete any unwanted users from your Kevo lock
The SmartKey® cylinder adds piece of mind as the lock can always be used via a traditional key and offers top of the line security against lock picking and bumping.
No keying services are available on Kevo at this time, however Kevo locks can easily be rekeyed in less than a minute using the SmartKey® technology.
- Your Smartphone is now your key
- Touch to open convenience
- Share eKeys via your SmartPhone
- Kevo Fob included for touch to open convenience without a Smartphone
- Receive notifications, view lock activity history and manage lock & eKeys through Kevo Mobile App
- SmartKey® deadbolt cylinder for superior security and backup traditional key
- Easily replace your existing deadbolt: easy to install, no power or internet required
Compatibility: The Kevo app is currently available for iPhone 4s, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 and 6 Plus as well as the fifth generation iPod touch, third generation or higher iPad and iPad mini, however there are plans to support all possible mobile devices. Currently Android 4.3, as well as Blackberry 10.1, does not fully support all Bluetooth LE features required by Kevo, but should be available soon. When they do, support for these devices will follow. Touch-to-open entry can still be enjoyed with a key fob until these devices are supported.
Kevo Bluetooth Technology: Kevo technology uses multiple levels of military grade PKI encryption. Position technology is used to determine whether you are on the inside or outside of the door to prevent unauthorized entry. Simply walk up to the door and touch to unlock and you are welcomed by a blue lit ring so you know it's working. Locking the door is done via a touch to the exterior or via the thumbturn on the interior.
Kevo Mobile App: Kevo's mobile app allows for convenient management of access to your home. Add, delete, disable and issue permanent or temporary eKeys to anyone with a compatible Smartphone. Receive notifications of lock activity so you know exactly when the kids are home or a maintenance worker has arrived. The Kevo app is compatible for iPhone 4s or higher, 3rd generation or higher iPad/iPad mini and 5th generation iPod touch.
SmartKey® Cylinder: The SmartKey® cylinder adds the convenience of being able to use a traditional key to lock and unlock the deadbolt. It features a high level of security via superior lock picking and bumping prevention. The SmartKey® cylinder can also be easily rekeyed to match existing Kwikset keys throughout your home in a simple 3 step process using the SmartKey® tool included with the lock.
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 1-3/4"
- Latch Faceplate: 1" x 2-1/4" Round Corner
- Strike Plate: 2-3/4" x 2-1/8" Round Corner
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Cross Bore: 1-1/2" or 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Deadbolt: 1" Throw - Steel Bolt
- Cylinder: SmartKey®
- Batteries: 4 AA (included)
What's in the Box:
- Kevo Deadbolt exterior
- Kevo Interior
- Kevo Fob
- Installation Hardware
- Adjustable Round Corner 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" latch
- Round Corner Strike Plate
- 4 AA Batteries
- 2 Kevo eKeys
- 2 Kwikset Keys
- SmartKey® rekey tool
- User Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Drilling Template
Manufacturer Model Numbers: 99250-001, 99250-002, 99250-003
Additional Kwikset Links
Our SKU: Kwikset 925 KEVO DB
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Kwikset 925KEVODBL03
Lifetime Polished Brass
- Kwikset 925KEVODB15
- Kwikset 925KEVODB11P
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Kwikset 925KEVODB15 Product Specifications
|Backset||2-3/4", 2-3/8", Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"|
|Cross Bore||1-1/2", 2-1/8"|
|Cylinder||SmartKey 5 Pin|
|Cylinder Type||Single Cylinder|
|Door Thickness||1-1/2", 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-5/8"|
|Handing||Left, Reversible, Right|
|Latch Faceplate||Square Corner|