10" Class A Chimney Pipe Attic Insulation Shield from Sure-Temp
The Insulation Shield is required to guard against the hazard of blown-in or blanket insulation filling any framed opening or contacting the chimney and possible contact of combustibles against the chimney. This part is required when running through a framed opening such as an attic, even if there is no insulation in the space. The only exception to this AIS installation is if you install a full enclosure around the chimney in the attic area at the minimum two inch clearance.
The Sure-Temp Chimney System is designed to meet the needs of today’s high-efficiency Wood Stoves and other appliances burning wood, oil or gas. Components may be combined in a wide variety of ways to solve almost any chimney installation requirement.
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Clearance: 2" to combustibles
- Allowable Flue Gas Temperatures:
- Maximum Continuous: 1,000 Degrees Fahrenheit / 540 Degrees Celsius
- Brief Forced Firing: 1,400 Degrees Fahrenheit / 760 Degrees Celsius (60 min.)
- Creosote Burn Out: 1700 Degrees Fahrenheit / 930 Degrees Celsius (3 x 10 min.)
Additional Metalbest Links
This Metalbest item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Metalbest 210490
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the 10S-AIS and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Metalbest products with over 400 warehouses across the country.