Multi-Sized Adjustable 3-6 Utility / Storefront Door Closer
Norton Door Controls offers traditional surface, industrial economy, overhead concealed, security, commercial, architectural, electromechanical and electrified closers. To complement the closers, Norton also offers a unique range of arms to help provide maximum door and frame protection. Since 1957, Norton Door Controls have been manufactured in Monroe, North Carolina.
- Adjustable Spring Sizes 3 through 6.
- Closer bodies are constructed of a special aluminum alloy, carefully selected to accommodate interaction with steel components and operating conditions.
- Rack & Pinion Operation Provides a smooth constant control of the door through its full opening and closing cycle. 180° door swing can be achieved when door, frame, hardware and arm function do not limit door swing.
- Door closer is non-handed and can be installed on either right- or left hand swing doors. Pinion shaft extends vertically through the closer body in both directions.
- 1600BC/1601(BF) closers come with screws, brackets & soffit plate to allow for regular, top jamb, & parallel arm installations.
- Sweep Speed Control Valve Allows adjustment of door speed from the door's full open position down to approximately 10° from the closed position.
- Latch Speed Control Value Allows adjustment of door speed from approximately 10° down to the door’s fully closed position.
- Adjustable Back check Cushion Valve Provides control of the door in the opening cycle, beginning at approximately 75° of door opening. It slows/cushions the door opening, when the door is forcibly opened beyond its pre-adjusted opening speed limits.
- These closers carry a limited ten-year warranty against defects and a limited lifetime warranty on the aluminum housing.
- Nor Glide® door closer fluid is a specially formulated hydraulic fluid that contains lubricity and anti oxidation agents that provide optimum performance and efficiency. This fluid complements the interaction of the door closer's aluminum housing with its steel and zinc components, while maintaining stable viscosity to allow the door closer to perform in temperatures ranging from extremely high to as low as -40°F.
- Adjustable through the power range of sizes 3 through 6. Outlined in ANSI specification A156.4.
Additional Norton Links
This Norton item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Norton 1601689
- Norton 1601691
- Norton 1601696
- Norton 1601690
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the 1601 and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Norton products with over 400 warehouses across the country.