L Series Commercial Grade 1 Single Cylinder Keyed Entry Small Case Mortise Lock Deadbolt
The safety of your buildings is something Schlage takes very seriously. That's why every Schlage lock and deadbolt undergoes intensive testing to determine its ANSI grade level, including cycle, resistance, door impact, warped door and bolt strength tests. Every one of Schlage's L-Series locks meets ANSI Grade 1 standards for safety.
Single Cylinder: The deadbolt is thrown and retracted by a key from the outside and a thumbturn from the inside.
Schlage L-Series Extra Heavy Duty Mortise Locks are built to withstand the rigors of daily use without fail. Schlage's L400 Series locks are designed for use as primary locks where no latching is required, such as restrooms and small doors to utility spaces. They also offer optimum security when used as auxiliary locks in other applications.
- Fully wrapped heavy gauge steel case protects against door edge attacks
- All metal zinc dichromate plated working parts
- 2-piece anti-friction tongue reduces wear and tear
- Outside and inside trim thru-bolted together and through the door
- Break-away spindle prevents unsecured failures and provides easy spindle replacement
- Hub blocking plate protects lock against spindle manipulation
- Spring-loaded fusible link provides fail secure mode in case of fire
- Floating mounting tabs automatically adjust to fit a beveled door edge
- Field reversible handing without opening lock case
- External spring cages allow for simple trim retrofit
- Locking thumbturn on the inside of door visually shows when the door is locked and unlocked
- High-strength steel alloy cylinder retainer
- Armored front in brass, bronze or stainless steel; adjustable for door bevel
- 1" (25mm) stainless steel throw deadbolt
- Deeper retainer groove in cylinder shell increases security against wrenching and pullout; all cylinders backward compatible
- Cylinder: 6-Pin C123 Keyway Standard (call Customer service if another keyway is desired)
- Steel case and parts are corrosion resistant
- Case size: 4-7/16" x 3-5/8" x 1"
- Armor Front: 1-1/4" x 5-19/32"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard (Other Door Thicknesses Available - Additional Charges May Apply - Please Call Customer Service)
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- ANSI Curved Lip Strike 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" x 1-3/16"
- UL Listed for 3-Hour Fire Door
- ANSI/BHMA Certified A156.13-2005, Series 1000, Grade 1 Operational, Grade 1 Security
The experts at Schlage know that every product you specify has to stand up to constant use and abuse. Your building’s locking systems face an additional challenge – keeping people and other assets safe while delivering constant, reliable performance. For more than 85 years Schlage has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums, and a host of other commercial buildings. Today, Schlage is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as wireless security products, biometrics and video. With a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Schlage has what you need no matter how demanding your project specifications may be.
Additional Schlage Links
This Schlage item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Schlage L460643E
- Schlage L460609
- Schlage L460613
Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Schlage L460605
- Schlage L460625
- Schlage L460629
Polished Stainless Steel
- Schlage L460606
- Schlage L460612
- Schlage L460626
- Schlage L460619
- Schlage L460630
Satin Stainless Steel
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the L460 and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Schlage products with over 400 warehouses across the country.
Our knowledgeable product specialists work to bring you the best prices on every product and provide unmatched customer service. Your satisfaction is our highest priority!
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.