L Series Commercial Grade 1 Mortise Privacy Door Lever Set with Coin Turn
The safety of your buildings is something Schlage takes very seriously. That's why every Schlage lock and deadbolt undergoes intensive testing to determine its ANSI grade level, including cycle, resistance, door impact, warped door and bolt strength tests. Every one of Schlage's L-Series locks meets ANSI Grade 1 standards for safety.
Privacy Lock with Coin Turn: In a privacy lock, the latchbolt is retracted by the lever from either side, unless the outside is locked by the inside thumbturn or the outside coin turn. The inside lever is always free for immediate egress, and turning the inside lever unlocks the outside lever. To unlock from the outside, rotate the coin turn.
Schlage L-Series Extra Heavy Duty Mortise Locks are built to withstand the rigors of daily use without fail. Schlage's L9000 Series locks are ideal for use in schools, hospitals and factories, where the finest hardware must also deliver consistent, dependable operation and stand up to constant use and abuse.
- Fully wrapped heavy gauge steel case protects against door edge attacks
- All metal zinc dichromate plated working parts
- 2-piece anti-friction tongue reduces wear and tear
- Outside and inside trim thru-bolted together and through the door
- Break-away spindle prevents unsecured failures and provides easy spindle replacement
- Hub blocking plate protects lock against spindle manipulation
- Spring-loaded fusible link provides fail secure mode in case of fire
- Inside lever applied by screwless shank mounting - no exposed trim mount screws
- Floating mounting tabs automatically adjust to fit a beveled door edge
- Field reversible handing without opening lock case for all lever options except #12
- External spring cages allow for simple trim retrofit
- Locking thumbturn on the inside of door visually shows when the door is locked and unlocked
- Lever rotation in both directions (up and down) for ease of use
- Independent lever rotation
- High-strength steel alloy cylinder retainer
- Armored front in brass, bronze or stainless steel; adjustable for door bevel
- ANSI Curved Lip Strike 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" x 1-3/16"
- Deeper retainer groove in cylinder shell increases security against wrenching and pullout; all cylinders backward compatible
- Cylinder: 6-Pin C123 Keyway Standard (call Customer service if another keyway is desired)
- Steel case and parts are corrosion resistant
- Case size: 4-7/16" x 6-1/16" x 1"
- Armor Front: 1-1/4" x 8"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard (Other Door Thicknesses Available - Additional Charges May Apply - Please Call Customer Service)
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- UL Listed for 3-Hour Fire Door
- ANSI/BHMA Certified A156.13-2005, Series 1000, Grade 1 Operational, Grade 1 Security
The experts at Schlage know that every product you specify has to stand up to constant use and abuse. Your building’s locking systems face an additional challenge – keeping people and other assets safe while delivering constant, reliable performance. For more than 85 years Schlage has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums, and a host of other commercial buildings. Today, Schlage is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as wireless security products, biometrics and video. With a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Schlage has what you need no matter how demanding your project specifications may be.
Additional Schlage Links
Our SKU: Schlage L9044
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Schlage L9044643E
- Schlage L9044609
- Schlage L9044613
Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Schlage L9044605
- Schlage L9044625
- Schlage L9044629
Polished Stainless Steel
- Schlage L9044606
- Schlage L9044612
- Schlage L9044626
- Schlage L9044619
- Schlage L9044630
Satin Stainless Steel
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Schlage L9044605 Product Specifications
|L Series Service Manual|
|L-Series Lever Installation|
|L-Series Lock Case Dimensions|
|Approved for Commercial Use||Yes|
|BHMA Certification||Grade 1|
|Cylinder||6 Pin Schlage C|
|Handing||Left, Left Hand Reverse, Reversible, Right, Right Hand Reverse|
|Latch Faceplate||Square Corner|