L Series Commercial Grade 1 Double Cylinder Keyed Entry Mortise Lock Deadbolt
The image shown is of a similar product. The L9462 will have a full-sized mortise case.
The safety of your buildings is something Schlage takes very seriously. That's why every Schlage lock and deadbolt undergoes intensive testing to determine its ANSI grade level, including cycle, resistance, door impact, warped door and bolt strength tests. Every one of Schlage's L-Series locks meets ANSI Grade 1 standards for safety.
Double Cylinder: The deadbolt is thrown and retracted by a key from either side. As you will not be able to unlock this from the inside without a key, please check your local fire code to ensure this is allowed before purchasing.
Schlage L-Series Extra Heavy Duty Mortise Locks are built to withstand the rigors of daily use without fail. Schlage's L9000 Series locks are ideal for use in schools, hospitals and factories, where the finest hardware must also deliver consistent, dependable operation and stand up to constant use and abuse.
- Fully wrapped heavy gauge steel case protects against door edge attacks
- All metal zinc dichromate plated working parts
- 2-piece anti-friction tongue reduces wear and tear
- Outside and inside trim thru-bolted together and through the door
- Break-away spindle prevents unsecured failures and provides easy spindle replacement
- Hub blocking plate protects lock against spindle manipulation
- Spring-loaded fusible link provides fail secure mode in case of fire
- Floating mounting tabs automatically adjust to fit a beveled door edge
- Field reversible handing without opening lock case
- External spring cages allow for simple trim retrofit
- Locking thumbturn on the inside of door visually shows when the door is locked and unlocked
- High-strength steel alloy cylinder retainer
- Armored front in brass, bronze or stainless steel; adjustable for door bevel
- 1" (25mm) stainless steel throw deadbolt
- Deeper retainer groove in cylinder shell increases security against wrenching and pullout; all cylinders backward compatible
- Cylinder: 6-Pin C123 Keyway Standard (call Customer service if another keyway is desired)
- Steel case and parts are corrosion resistant
- Case size: 4-7/16" x 6-1/16" x 1"
- Armor Front: 1-1/4" x 8"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" Standard (Other Door Thicknesses Available - Additional Charges May Apply - Please Call Customer Service)
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- ANSI Curved Lip Strike 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" x 1-3/16"
- UL Listed for 3-Hour Fire Door
- ANSI/BHMA Certified A156.13-2005, Series 1000, Grade 1 Operational, Grade 1 Security
The experts at Schlage know that every product you specify has to stand up to constant use and abuse. Your building’s locking systems face an additional challenge – keeping people and other assets safe while delivering constant, reliable performance. For more than 85 years Schlage has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums, and a host of other commercial buildings. Today, Schlage is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as wireless security products, biometrics and video. With a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Schlage has what you need no matter how demanding your project specifications may be.
Additional Schlage Links
Our SKU: Schlage L9462
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Schlage L9462643e
- Schlage L9462609
- Schlage L9462613
Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Schlage L9462605
- Schlage L9462625
- Schlage L9462629
Polished Stainless Steel
- Schlage L9462606
- Schlage L9462612
- Schlage L9462626
- Schlage L9462619
- Schlage L9462630
Satin Stainless Steel
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
|L Series Service Manual|
|L-Series Lever Installation|
|L-Series Lock Case Dimensions|
|Approved for Commercial Use||Yes|
|BHMA Certification||Grade 1|
|Cylinder||6 Pin Schlage C|
|Handing||Left, Left Hand Reverse, Reversible, Right, Right Hand Reverse|
|Latch Faceplate||Square Corner|