M-Series 1000 Lb Hold Force Max Security Double Door Electromagnetic Lock
The M400 Series of electromagnetic locks from Schlage are designed to be robust, easy to install, and secure. The new bayonet mounting feature makes installs easier, allowing the installer to have their hands free during the mounting process. There's no need to consider door handing, as all the M400 Series electromagnetic locks are both non-handed and symmetrical, allowing optimum placement of the magnet no matter the application. All M400 Series locks have automatic voltage sensing for 12 and 24 volts along with polarity protection to make wiring less complex. The M452 is tested and certified to meet or exceed UL1034 and BHMA 1000lb hold force requirements.
Schlage electromagnetic locks are used to secure the door in conjunction with push bars, request-to-exit devices, or credential readers for fail-safe applications when code compliance permits. You can use them on a single standalone door or as part of an access control system. Electromagnetic locks do not contain moving parts, making them extremely durable and preferred for high security applications. Electromagnetic locks consist of an armature and a coil assembly, which become magnetized when an electric current passes through them. This magnetic field secures the door. Electromagnetic locks are fail-safe by design. To unlock the door simply remove power.
- Bayonet mount makes installation simpler by not requiring magnet to be held overhead while mounting screws are installed
- New design allows for RH/LH configuration in the field
- Armature mount allows armature to pivot, compensating for slight opening imperfections
- Limited lifetime warranty
- UL1034 Burglary-resistant electronic locking mechanisms
- UL10C positive pressure fire tests of door assemblies
- ANSH/BHMA Grade 1 Certified
- Meets or exceeds BHMA standard of 1000lb holding force
- Automatic dual 12/24 voltage standard
- Current draw: 1.5 amps in 12 volt operation, 0.76 amps in 24 volt operation
- Height: 3"
- Length: 20-9/16"
- Width: 1-3/4"
- Temperature: 32-120F (0-49C)
- Wire Gauge: 14-22 AWG
Schlage has a rich heritage in electronic security. For years we have led the industry by providing a broad portfolio of solutions to meet the diverse needs of the market. Today, our electromagnetic locking portfolio continues to evolve to meet your changing needs.
Additional Schlage Links
This Schlage item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- Schlage M452
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the M452 and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of Schlage products with over 400 warehouses across the country.