Eligibility for the Build.com Loyalty Program ("Program") is open to customers of Build.com ("Participants"). Build.com has the right to modify or terminate this program at any time. You confirm that you are the owner of the account or have authorization by the owner to earn points and redeem rewards.
The Build.com Loyalty Program is a tiered rewards program that provides increasing levels of benefits to Program Participants. Upon enrollment a Program Participant's initial tier level will be determined by their points earned for purchases made within the previous 12 months from any of the Build.com Network Stores. Once enrolled there will be two methods by which a Program Participant can earn points. The first method of earning points is by making Qualified Purchases. The second method is by unlocking badges, which are based on user engagement and/or activity (ex: Submitting a product review, refer a friend, or other methods designated by the Program from time to time).
There are 5 tiers in the Program with increasing benefits. See more.
Program Participants will be assigned to tiers within the Program based on their current purchase history and correlating point level with the Program tiers as defined in this document or as modified by Build.com from time to time.
When a Program Participant initially enrolls in the Program, or is assigned to a new tier, it may take up to 24 hours in order for all benefits to be fully enabled and redeemable.
Membership in the Program is valid for 12 months from the enrollment date and will be renewed automatically. See below for renewal details.
At the time of enrollment, Program Participants will automatically qualify for the appropriate tier based on purchases that meet all of the following criteria:
- Has the same email address as entered by the customer at time of enrollment in the Program
- Were made on any of the Build.com Network Stores
- Were made within the last 12 months
If a Program Participant enrolls in the Program on the Order Confirmation page, immediately following an order, Build.com will apply points to the Program Participant's account at the time of purchase. These enrollment points, and associated tier benefits, will be applied to future purchases. Points are awarded based on purchase price of products but not awarded for taxes, freight and miscellaneous charges.
Tier Assignments & Progress
Members can earn & redeem their tier benefits on all Build.com Network Stores.
Once enrolled, any changes to a Program Participant's tier level will be based on a rolling 12 month history of points assigned to purchases made. Based on these points a Program Participant can progress up in tiers at any time. Moving down tiers will occur at time of renewal (discussed below).
Build.com also reserves the right to evaluate and adjust a Program Participant's accounts and tier levels as warranted based on returns, cancellations and other criteria.
Membership status will be evaluated at the anniversary of Program Participant's enrollment.
If current required tier level purchases have been made within the 12 month membership period, membership will be renewed at the current tier level.
If tier level purchases have not been made within the membership year, Program Participants will have until the last day of the thirteenth month to make purchases for tier assignment for the renewal year. If at the end of the thirteenth month, Program Participants has not made required purchases to maintain current tier status, Program Participants will be renewed at the appropriate tier level for purchases made in the preceding year.
- 8/15/2013: Qualify for and enrolled in Gold
- 8/15/2014: Anniversary date
- 8/31/2014: Renewal evaluation (last day of 12th month)
- Has spent $125 in the last 12 months
- No longer qualifies for Gold, qualifies for Silver
- Needs to spend $125+ (for a total of $250+) to stay in Gold
- 9/30/2014: Grace period ends (last day of 13th month). If tier level purchases are met, then Program Participant stays at Gold tier. If tier level purchases are not met, then Program Participant is moved to Silver.
Email address is required for membership in the Program.
By agreeing to these terms, you agree that Build.com may use your information for marketing materials in exchange for your participation in the Program.
Program Participant communications will be related, but are not limited to: a change in the Terms of Service, a change in the recipient's membership standing or status, and a regular periodic statement of account balance, as well as communications otherwise described in our Privacy & Security Policy.
- Members can earn and redeem rewards on all Build.com Network Stores.
- Once enrolled, Guest checkouts do not qualify for points.
- Qualified Purchases are defined as Non-Guest checkout orders placed on any of the Build.com Network Stores.
- All product purchases qualify towards points.
- Taxes and shipping costs are not qualified purchases for which points will be awarded.
- Points are applied to a member's account at the time of purchase.
- Points will be awarded for purchases rounded up to the nearest dollar value.
- Build.com reserves the right to discontinue the program at any time and for any reason.
- Points can be earned through orders placed over the phone as long as the Build.com Representative is logged into the Program Participant's account during order placement.
- Points Statements may be viewed online at the Program website.
- Points and rewards are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- All questions should be sent using the contact form located within the program web site.
- Use of the program web site is governed by separate and specific Terms and Conditions, which are located on the participant site.
- Build.com reserves the right to audit, alter or cancel this Program at anytime in its sole discretion, including without limitation, the Program format, Program elements, Reward levels and Reward rules. All such changes may be made without any prior notification to Program Participants. In all matters relating to the interpretation and application of the program rules, the decisions of Build.com will be final.
- In the event any dispute arises between Build.com and a Program Participant regarding the Program Rules or any other dispute which is in any way related to the Program, the parties agree that the sole and exclusive forum for the resolution of such disputes will be arbitration to be held before the American Arbitration Association or any successor entity pursuant to the commercial rules of arbitration then pertaining.
- If any provision of the Program Rules shall be declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of the Program Rules. Upon such event, the parties shall in good faith modify or alter the remainder of the Program Rules to effectuate the original intent of the parties.