Eco Guinevere One Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Toilet with Double Cyclone Flush System and SanaGloss - SoftClose Seat Included
Trickle, trickle never stops
My sister loves her Toto Ultramax toilet and thus I purchased the more traditional Guinevere to fit my colonial home. It is an expensive toilet and I am dissatisfied with its overall performance.
- The double-cycle flushing mechanism is powerful and I have not had a clog yet in my 2 months of usage.
- Unique side lever and traditional look
- Water saver - Since it's a 1.28 gallon tank, it fills up fast!
- Soft-close lid - This is a very nice feature especially with 2 young boys. No more banging from closing the lid!
- Due to this water saver feature, there is only a little water in the bowel. Thus, at times, solid waste gets stuck on the bowel and you will need to flush multiple times to clean the bowel. It helps when you sit closer to the water tank where there is more water in the bowel to prevent sticking.
- This is the BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT - the toilet trickles in between flushes! From my online research, other users also have this trickling problem. Supposedly, all toilets "auto-balance" the water level in the bowel. However, unlike the Guinevere, most of them have insulation in the pipe that eliminates the trickle sound of this "auto-balancing" and thus the users are none the wiser. The Guinevere, for some reason did not have this insulation and thus you can hear a periodic trickling sound in between flushed. I called the Toto Customer Service and they seemed to be aware of this issue and offered me a replacement part that is supposed to solve this issue. Since it involves taking off the toilet and replacing an internal pipe, I have been hesitant to call in the plumber. I am still deciding whether I want to put up with the trickling or whether I want to call in a plumber.
Overall, I like the Toto brand and its flushing mechanism does seem to be superior to the others. I am just not happy with the Guinevere model due to its trickling issue. I expected better performance for such a premium-priced toilet. Had I known about this issue, I would have chosen another model in the Toto lineup.
November 24, 2010
NOT WORTH THE MONEY, POOR PRODUCT
LOVED THE LOOK, WANTED TO SPLURGE ON A "TOTO"
HAVE REPLACED THE "GUTS" 4 TIMES SINCE PURCHASE 4 YEARS AGO.
CONSTANTLY GETTING "STUCK" TOILET CONTINOUSLY KEEPS FILLING...NOT A GOOD THING WHEN YOU HAVE A SEPTIC.
REPLACED FLUSHER ASSEMBLY WITH GENUINE TOTO PARTS EACH TIME. NEVER WOULD BUY A TOTO AGAIN!
ALWAYS HAVE TO "JIGGLE" THE HANDLE TO STOP IT, EVEN HAD A PLUMBER REPLACE THE MECHANISM
SORRY I BOUGHT THIS!!
December 2, 2013