This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, airtight / non-IC rated housing with an integrated magnetic transformer that accommodates a 120 volt input and is meant for remodel construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 4.375"
- For use with 4" trims
- J-Box and transformer are accessible through the ceiling
- Supplied thermal protector protects against over-lamping
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non-IC-Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Meets ASTM E283 airtight codes with RGK gasket kit (sold separately)
- Utilizes MR16 50W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in damp locations
- Integrated magnetic transformer with a 120 volt input and 50 watt maximum output
- Can be dimmed with use of magnetic low voltage (MLV) dimmer
- Housing and transformer case is 20 gauge steel painted black
- Ceramic bi-pin socket, 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Three knockouts and four Romex style wiring connectors are provided for ease of installation
- Rated for chain wiring
- Two heavy gauge inner retention clips push out onto ceiling or other mounting surface to firmly hold housing in place
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View the Manufacturer Warranty
- Browse All WAC Lighting Products
- WAC Lighting Remodel Housings Collection
This WAC Lighting item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- WAC Lighting HR-8401H
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the HR-8401H and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of WAC Lighting products with over 400 warehouses across the country.
Recessed Lighting BasicsDon't let the thought of recessed lighting overwhelm you. Let us quickly walk you through the basics of recessed lighting and prepare you for your project.