Innovative contemporary design at its finest, the Baldwin 5161 style lever, from the Estate Collection, is the perfect modern accent for your home. Featuring your choice of 35 medium sized rosettes, this premium lever is fully customizable to meet your discerning decorative and mechanical needs. Each lever and rosette are crafted using solid forged brass, a process that results in the strongest and most durable products available on the market today. Included with each lever is the Estate 28 Degree latch, an innovative Baldwin exclusive that has raised the bar for mechanical excellence industry wide. Complete your order by choosing from Baldwin's wide spectrum of timeless, hand polished designer finishes, the perfect aesthetic to complement your home décor. Baldwin knows that the way a product performs is just as important as how it looks—with the Estate Collection, they are proud to offer you the absolute best of both worlds.
- Solid Forged Brass Construction Translates Directly to a Higher Quality, Longer Lasting Product
- Each Estate Lever is Expertly Finished and Hand Polished
- Includes Baldwin's Premium 28° Estate Latch, an Industry Standard
- Mechanical Parts are Precisely Machined for Maximum Strength and Flawless Operation
- Reversible Handing Allows for Installation on both Left and Right Handed Doors
- Includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty—Guaranteeing Baldwin's Standard of Excellence
- Privacy Function: Baldwin privacy levers lock from the interior through a pin on the interior rosette, with an emergency release hole on the exterior, making them ideal for bathrooms or bedrooms where the ability to lock the door is desired, but a keyed entry is unnecessary.
- Solid Forged Brass Construction: All Baldwin hardware begins with raw bars of solid brass which are heated, and pounded into specially made dies—producing a stronger, more substantial product when compared to simpler casting techniques. Many door hardware products are crafted from aluminum or plated steel, but the difference between these lesser metals and heat forged brass is noticeable the minute you hold them in your hands—solid brass is heavier, smoother, and naturally resists corrosion, making it the ideal material to construct high quality, reliable door hardware.
- Premium Estate Latch: An industry standard, Baldwin's Estate latch features a 28 degree rotation providing for much easier turning and smoother operation than latches utilizing a 40 degree rotation. To compensate for the solidity of Baldwin levers, each lever-strength latch also includes heavy-duty springs to offset the weighty construction that accompanies solid forged brass. Further, each Baldwin latch comes with an anti-friction insert that allows for nearly silent closing while also greatly reducing strike plate scratches.
- Lifetime Finishes™: Baldwin's multi-patented Lifetime Finishes™ provide unprecedented protection against the effects of weather, normal wear and tear, and even the rigorous test of coastal salt air. By adapting the vapor deposition processed used to create premium gold pens, Baldwin creates a unique surface across your door hardware that is guaranteed to withstand the ravages of time.
- Living Finishes: Baldwin Living Finishes, which include Non-Lacquered Brass, Vintage Brass, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and Distressed Oil Rubbed Bronze, are designed to mimic the patina of a well-loved piece of vintage hardware, and as such will change and adapt over time naturally. For those who appreciate the well-worn look of aged door hardware, but still require the strength and durability of a Baldwin finish, Living Finishes are an ideal fit.
- Concealed Screws: Baldwin Estate Collection levers and rosettes (with the exception of medium rosette models R028, R031, R034, R037, R040, and R043) install cleanly on both the interior and exterior of the door, completely concealing all screws required for the installation. All you'll ever see is the door, and the hardware you've chosen for it—seamlessly co-existing.
- Backset: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Cross Bore: 3/4" or 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" or 1-3/4"
- Handing: Reversible
- Lever Length: 4-3/4"
- Projection: 2-3/5"
- Product Weight: 1.2 Lbs.
- Latch Faceplate: square Corner
- Material: Solid Forged Brass
- 5161.M.PASS: Passage Lever Set
- 5161.M.IDM: Single Dummy Lever
There are brand names, and then there is Baldwin. Constantly building and re-building upon a time tested legacy of superior design, craftsmanship, functionality and innovation, Baldwin Hardware has delivered modern luxury to discriminating homeowners, architects and designers since 1946. From being the first to forge solid brass door hardware to setting precedence for Lifetime Finishes, Baldwin has been and always will be synonymous with revolutionary technology and unsurpassed quality. Aspire to make your home much more than mere shelter, and relax in the assurance that function and elegance can finally flourish within the same line of fine products—Baldwin can show you how.
Additional Baldwin Links
Our SKU: Baldwin 5161.M.PRIV
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV151
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV034
Lacquered Vintage Brass
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV003
Lifetime Polished Brass
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV055
Lifetime Polished Nickel
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV056
Lifetime Satin Nickel
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV031
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV102
Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV030
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV260
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV190
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV040
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV050
Satin Brass and Black
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV060
Satin Brass and Brown
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV264
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV150
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV112
- Baldwin 5161MPRIV033
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Baldwin 5161.M.PRIV Product Specifications
|28 Degree Latch||Yes|
|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Cross Bore||2-1/8", 3/4"|
|Door Thickness||1-3/4", 1-3/8"|
|Handing||Left, Reversible, Right|
|Latch Faceplate||Square Corner|
|Rosette Shape||Arch, Oval, Rectangle, Round, Square|
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.