Broan Solar Attic Fan ReviewFor your convenience Brent Holland and his team have put together a review of the Broan Solar Attic Fan. Enjoy.
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Automatic Shutter Recommended
When mounting the ventilator on the roof is not possible or desiable, the Gable Mount Solar Powered Attic Ventilator by Broan is the ideal solution allowing you to install the ventilator independent of the solar panel. Simply locate the flat solar panel where it can receive the best sunlight and position the ventilator portion vertically between studs. To complete the installation of your ventilator, consider the Model 433 gable shutter that automatically opens and closes as the ventilator turns on and off.
- 28-watt solar panel captures sunlight from dawn to dusk and efficiently converts it into electric power to keep your attic cool and dry all day long, providing 537 Maximum CFM and year round protection for the structure of your home
- 12” diameter, one-piece aluminum 5-blade fan is pitched for maximum air flow to keep your living area cooler, extend the life of your air conditioner and save energy and money
- Compact base footprint means fewer shingles to cut for easier, faster installation
- Low profile, integrated design for an attractive, unobtrusive addition to your roof without the need for props or pivoting stands used by some manufacturers
- Rugged, tempered glass solar panel withstands large hail and won’t delaminate
- Housing is a molded design of UV-stabilized, color-dyed, rugged ABS plastic that withstands hail, resists fading, and may also be painted to match your roof color
- Housing frame features positive stops to “seat” the dome for fast, easy installation
- Direct-current, variable voltage motor is dynamically balanced for superior performance and silent operation for years of worry-free operation
- Includes stainless steel fasteners and galvanized steel brackets for durability and corrosion resistance, and aluminum, heavy-gauge screen to keep out insects, animals or birds without impeding airflow
- Optional Model CWT45 thermostat is easy to install and disables the motor when the temperature dips below 50-degrees, to extend motor life; recommended for climates where cold weather condensation isn’t a concern
- CFM: 537
- Dome Color: Black
- Dome Material: ABS Plastic
- Fan Blade: 5 Blade Aluminum
- Housing Dimensions: 19.7" x 19.7"
- Insect / Critter Screen: Yes
- Installation Type: Gable / Remote
- Motor: DC Variable Voltage
- Optional Controls: Yes
- Power Type: Solar Powered
- Remote Solar Panel / Dome Height to Roof: 0.75"
- Solar Panel Makeup: Polycrystalline Silicon
- Solar Panel Watts: 28
- Warranty: 6 Years / 2 Year for Motor'
- 345GOBK: This model
- 345GOWW: Weatherd Wood finish version of this model
Additional Broan Links
Our SKU: Broan 345GO
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Broan 345GOBK
- Broan 345GOWW
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Broan 345GO Product Specifications
|Tax Credit Form|
|Tax Credit Form|
|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Function||Attic Fan, Solar|
|Installation Type||Gable Mount|
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.