Why has hot water recirculation been virtually impossible for existing homes?
Traditional hot water recirculation is difficult, if not practically impossible to install in existing homes --- especially homes with finished basements. Companies have responded with clunky under sink units that are cumbersome to install and difficult to find electrical power under bathroom sinks.
New Strategy for Existing Homes
Grundfos innovation has developed a solution specifically for the existing home market. The Grundfos Comfort System provides a unique and cost effective solution to your hot water recirculation problems!
- No return line required.
- Installs in less than one hour.
- No electricity needed under the sink.
- Built-in timer & line cord.
- Uses less energy than a 25-watt light bulb.
- Can save up to 16,000 gallons of water per year, per household.
- ANSI/NSF61 and IAPMO listed
- Electrical Connection
- Pump is fitted with 10 foot cord and 115V plug.
- 24 hr, 3 position, 15 minute intervals.
- Speed Number: 1
- Max flow: 6.16 US gpm
- Head max: 5.25 ft
- Approvals on nameplate: UL, CSA
- Pump housing: Stainless steel
- Impeller: PES Composite (30% glass-filled)
- Maximum ambient temperature: 104 degreeF
- Ambient max at 176 degreeF liquid: 176 degreeF
- Maximum operating pressure: 145 psi
- Flange standard: USA Threaded
- Pipe connection: NPT 3/4"
- Pressure stage: 10
- Port-to-port length: 5 1/8 in
- Liquid temperature range: 35.6 .. 150.8 degreeF
- Number of poles: 2
- Max. power input: 25 W
- Rated power - P2: 0.04 HP
- Main frequency: 60 Hz
- Rated voltage: 1 x 115 V
- Current in speed 3: 0.23 A
- Capacitor size - run: 2 µF/400 V
- Insulation class (IEC 85): F
- Motor protection: CONTACT
- Thermal protec: internal
- Type of cable plug: NEMA 5-15P
- Pos term box: 9H
Additional Grundfos Links
Our SKU: Grundfos 595916
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Grundfos G595916
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued