Kwikset Kevo Deadbolt
How often do you lose your keys? Kwikset's newest product to make life easier is finally here to pre-order today. Kevo blends technology with problem solving into one of the greatest deadbolts on the market.
With the simple touch of your finger with a compatible Smartphone in your pocket, purse or hand, you can easily unlock the deadbolt. If you don't have a Smartphone, the lock can just as easily be operated via the included Key Fob. Additional Key Fobs are also available (purchased separately - 926 KEVO FOB).
Using the Kevo Mobile App, you can easily send an electronic key (eKey) to family, friends, or visitors who have a compatible Smartphone. Make these keys temporary or permanent to maximize flexibility and security. Adding, deleting and disabling eKeys is quick and easy and there's even a Lost Phone Reset should the unthinkable happen. The Kevo lock comes with 2 eKeys out of the box and additional eKeys can be purchased via the Mobile app for $1.99 each.
- Each eKey is unique and assigned specifically to a Kevo user and Kevo lock
- An eKey can be shared in a few clicks and reassigned to another user at any time
- You are always in full control of who receives an eKey - There are no more unknown copies of the keys to your home
- An eKey cannot be duplicated, unlike a physical key
- The Kevo app helps you monitor all eKey usage for your lock
- You can temporarily disable or completely delete any unwanted users from your Kevo lock
The SmartKey® cylinder adds piece of mind as the lock can always be used via a traditional key and offers top of the line security against lock picking and bumping.
No keying services are available on Kevo at this time, however Kevo locks can easily be rekeyed in less than a minute using the SmartKey® technology.
- Your Smartphone is now your key
- Touch to open convenience
- Share eKeys via your SmartPhone
- Kevo Fob included for touch to open convenience without a Smartphone
- Receive notifications, view lock activity history and manage lock & eKeys through Kevo Mobile App
- SmartKey® deadbolt cylinder for superior security and backup traditional key
- Easily replace your existing deadbolt: easy to install, no power or internet required
Compatibility: The Kevo app is currently available for iPhone 4s, 5, 5S and 5C, as well as the fifth generation iPod touch, third generation or higher iPad and iPad mini, however there are plans to support all possible mobile devices. Currently Android 4.3, as well as Blackberry 10.1, does not fully support all Bluetooth LE features required by Kevo, but should be available soon. When they do, support for these devices will follow. Touch-to-open entry can still be enjoyed with a key fob until these devices are supported.
Kevo Bluetooth Technology: Kevo technology uses multiple levels of military grade PKI encryption. Position technology is used to determine whether you are on the inside or outside of the door to prevent unauthorized entry. Simply walk up to the door and touch to unlock and you are welcomed by a blue lit ring so you know it's working. Locking the door is done via a touch to the exterior or via the thumbturn on the interior.
Kevo Mobile App: Kevo's mobile app allows for convenient management of access to your home. Add, delete, disable and issue permanent or temporary eKeys to anyone with a compatible Smartphone. Receive notifications of lock activity so you know exactly when the kids are home or a maintenance worker has arrived. Currently the mobile app is only compatible with iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 5C.
SmartKey® Cylinder: The SmartKey® cylinder adds the convenience of being able to use a traditional key to lock and unlock the deadbolt. It features a high level of security via superior lock picking and bumping prevention. The SmartKey® cylinder can also be easily rekeyed to match existing Kwikset keys throughout your home in a simple 3 step process using the SmartKey® tool included with the lock.
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 1-3/4"
- Latch Faceplate: 1" x 2-1/4" Round Corner
- Strike Plate: 2-3/4" x 2-1/8" Round Corner
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Cross Bore: 1-1/2" or 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Deadbolt: 1" Throw - Steel Bolt
- Cylinder: SmartKey®
- Batteries: 4 AA (included)
What's in the Box:
- Kevo Deadbolt exterior
- Kevo Interior
- Kevo Fob
- Installation Hardware
- Adjustable Round Corner 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" latch
- Round Corner Strike Plate
- 4 AA Batteries
- 2 Kevo eKeys
- 2 Kwikset Keys
- SmartKey® rekey tool
- User Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Drilling Template
Manufacturer Model Numbers: 99250-001, 99250-002, 99250-003