This WAC Lighting housing is a low voltage, non-IC rated housing that accommodates a 120 volt input from a remote electronic or magnetic transformer and is designed for remodel construction projects.
The trim for this housing is not included. We have provided trim options for you - once you add the housing to the cart, you can choose which trim style you want that fits this housing.
- Aperture or cut-out size of the hole: 3"
- For use with 2.5" trims
- Integral thermal protector to protect over-lamping
- Suitable for "shallow" joist installations like under cabinet or display applications
- 5 year WAC product warranty on this housing
- Non-IC-Rated - this housing must have a 3" clearance from any insulation when being installed
- Utilizes MR16 35W lamps (sold separately)
- Standards - UL and cUL rated for use in dry locations
- This housing requires the use of a remote electronic or remote magnetic transformer (sold separately)
- The transformer can be a 12V or 24V version
- Housing is 20 gauge galvanized steel that is painted black
- Electrical components within the can are a bi-pin ceramic socket with nickel plating and 18 gauge teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves
- Three half inch knockouts for easy wire entry and exit
- Rated for chain wiring
- No screws, nails or hardware required
- Flat "wing" springs expand against the cut out hole to hold fixture against the surface
- Accommodates mounting surface up to 3/4" thick
Additional WAC Lighting Links
- View the Manufacturer Warranty
- Browse All WAC Lighting Products
- WAC Lighting Remodel Housings Collection
This WAC Lighting item can also be referenced by the following color/finish specific model #:
- WAC Lighting HR-806
*Discontinued model or finish
Discover the best online deals for the HR-806 and everything else for your home from the leading online home improvement store.
We're committed to providing you with the best assortment of WAC Lighting products with over 400 warehouses across the country.
Recessed Lighting BasicsDon't let the thought of recessed lighting overwhelm you. Let us quickly walk you through the basics of recessed lighting and prepare you for your project.