Build.com observes the following holidays, and will be closed on:
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Security & Privacy
The Privacy Information was last updated Apr 21, 2014.
Our postal address is:
402 Otterson Drive, Suite 100
Chico, CA 95928
We can be reached online through our online Customer Service center. We can be contacted by phone at (800) 375-3403, which is our customer service call center.
We electronically verify each transaction with the credit company, processing only those orders if the credit company so authorizes it. In the case of a suspicious or declined transaction, our company may contact you to confirm the validity and ensure your identity or cancel that order with full notification.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input at 128-bit strength. This is often symbolized on most web-browsers by a small padlock appearing on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, meaning a secure connection. In the event that an order cannot be completed, please contact our Customer Service. If our website cannot establish a secure connection, we will not risk your confidential information (it will not be transmitted).
Information you give us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping suggestions, improving our store, and fulfilling your order.
*Emails: Email addresses we receive are used to contact you concerning inquiries before, during and after your order is placed, solely concerning your order. An exception to this is our Newsletters (more information below).
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Build.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Build.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as the storage of items in your Shopping Cart. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you disable cookies, you will not be able to purchase from the Web site. We recommend that you leave them turned on or please contact our Customer Service to have your order placed.
Do Not Track Information
Build.com automatically collects key information from your browser session to provide a customized shopping experience. Without certain tracking code enabled, much of the functionality of the site, including but not limited to product recommendations, would cease to function. As such, we do not currently honor the do not track feature of your browser, as this would adversely affect the shopping experience.
Emails and newsletters
Because we value your right to privacy, we do not sell or otherwise share your contact information to unrelated third parties. Build.com and our Network of Stores use email as one of the primary methods of communicating with our customers. The emails we send may be related to a variety of issues, including:
- A direct response to an inquiry,
- Communication concerning an order (receipt, shipping confirmation, etc), or
- Promotional emails you have indicated you wish to receive.
From time to time, we may notify you of special offers based on your purchasing history with us. If you create a Saved Cart, or have one created by our staff, you may receive follow-up emails related to this Cart. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the simple instructions contained in the emails. Unsubscribing will not apply to any future Saved Carts that are created. If you have signed up to receive our promotional emails and wish to stop your subscription, you'll find easy-to-follow unsubscribe instructions in each promotional email. You may also change your subscription status at any time by:
- Logging into your account and editing your "Change Billing Info"
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Contacting us by phone at (800) 375-3403. Representatives in our call center can also alter your subscription preferences.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
If you wish to opt out from receiving interest-based advertising, click here and follow the instructions. Please note, because our opt-out is cookie-based, your browser must be set to accept third party cookies.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit Build.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Build.com, please send a thorough description to our Customer Service team and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. Please check our website frequently to see recent changes.
What is Build.com SMS?
- Build.com provides SMS service to send order information. Order status, shipping status and delivered status. SMS will be sent if a subscriber opts in and has a mobile phone number. Standard messaging rates may apply. Message frequency will vary by user.
What is the cost for Build.com SMS?
- There is no additional charge for Build.com SMS services. However, normal text messaging rates or package deductions may apply. Please check with your carrier for details on your plan.
What carriers are compatible with Build.com SMS?
- Compatible carriers include: AT&T, T-Mobile*, Metro PCS, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Alltel, US Cellular and Cellular One. *T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Are there any additional charges associated with this service?
- Standard message rates apply to all text messages. Message rates differ from carrier to carrier, please contact your wireless service provider to inquire about the details specific to your plan.
Is Build.com SMS service available to international users?
- Currently this service is only available to domestic service plans within the United States.
How do I stop receiving SMS messages from Build.com?
- To discontinue SMS service from Build.com, text "STOP" to 40791
Who do I contact for help?
- If you need any further assistance please contact us at 1-800-375-3403 or email CS@build.com.