A Century of Kohler Power InnovationTake a look at the history of power generation by Kohler. If you did not know that Kohler was one of the premier names in back-up power generation, you can see what Kohler has been doing for power generation since 1920.
Why choose a Standby Generator vs. Portable GeneratorTake a look at what you should consider when looking at a Home Standby Generator versus a Portable Generator. Home Improvement expert Ed Del Grande gives you the details.
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Load Control Module Recommended
Transfer Switch Recommended
- 38kW of power will ensure your business will retain power and stay open through unexpected outages
- Connects to existing liquid propane or natural gas fuel supply for easy and efficient power
- Covered under 5 Year Commercial / Residential Warranty
- Enclosure made from aluminum is lightweight and offers superior corrosion resistance
- RDC2 Controller provides advanced control, system monitoring and diagnostics
- UL Listed to UL2200 Engine / Generator Standard for Safety
- Self-Test Mode – periodically runs a self test to ensure that your generator will be ready to work when you need it
- GM Vortec Engine – More fuel efficient and quieter than 3600 RPM engines, these engines feature neighbor and budget-friendly operation
- 4-Cylinder Engine Ensures Optimum Efficiency
- Engine Horsepower: 75
- Engine RPM: 1800 (the unit’s total revolutions per minute)
- Liquid Cooled
- Covered Under 5 Year Commercial Warranty
- Covered Under 5 Year Residential Warranty
- Includes Low Oil Alert and Automatic Shutdown
Product Technologies / Benefits:
- High Quality Power - Kohler home generators provide advanced voltage and frequency regulation along with ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion for excellent generator power quality to protect your valuable electronics.
- Corrosion-Proof Enclosure - The bold new Kohler design is completely corrosion proof, even in harsh seaside environments, and is impact-resistant even at -34 C (-30 F).
- Fast Response - Kohler’s unique Fast-Response excitation system delivers excellent voltage response and short-circuit capability.
- Quiet Operation - Kohler home generators provide quiet, neighborhood-friendly performance.
- Overall Height: 45.1” (measured from the bottom of the base to the highest point on the generator)
- Overall Length: 90” (measured from the back to the front of the generator)
- Overall Width: 33.5” (measured from the furthest point on the left to the furthest on the right)
- Noise Rating at Exercise: 58 dbA (when the unit is running a self check)
- Noise Rating at Normal Operating Load: 61 dbA (when the unit is operating at normal power)
- NG Power Capacity: 38kW (wattage when running on natural gas)
- LP Power Capacity: 38kW (wattage when running on liquid propane)
- NG Consumption (50% Load): 350 cubic feet per hour
- LP Consumption (50% Load): 4.1 gallons per hour
Additional Kohler Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Kohler Products
- Shop All Kohler Kohler Power Systems Collection Products
Kohler 38RCL Product Specifications
|Kohler Generator Sizing Form|
|Approved for Commercial Use||Yes|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes, No|
|Battery Type||650 CCA, 630 CCA|
|Cooling System||Air Cooled, Liquid Cooled|
|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Engine Brand||Kohler, General Motors|
|Engine Type||4-Cycle V6|
|Fuel Type||Liquid Propane, Natural Gas|
|LP Consumption||3.98, 4.1|
|Low Oil Alert||Yes|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 Year Limited, 5 Year Commercial, 5 Year Commercial (Engine), 5 Year Residential, 5 Year Residential (Engine)|
|Mounting Pad Material||Concrete|
|Natural Gas Consumption||350|
|Noise Rating||58 dbA (Test), 61 dbA (Full Load)|
|Service Entrance Rated||No|
|Transfer Switch Included||No|
Installation Resource Center
Whether you are installing the product yourself or hiring a professional, our installation Resource Center has everything you need to get your project done. Visit the Installation Resource Center to get started.