Why shop at Build.com? How about these, for starters:
- Selling home improvement products online since 2000
- Over 600,000 distinct home improvement products sold and shipped
- More than 440 warehouses and nearly 350 vendors
- Ranked No. 81 on Internet Retailer's Top 500 (Source: Internet Retailer, 2012)
- Trained, in-house product and customer service specialists in our Chico, CA headquarters
Our entire checkout process is 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted and can be verified with GoDaddy. After the transaction, we re-encrypt your sensitive information so it's not just lingering around.
We don't wait for a hacker event to happen and tighten security afterwards. We use Trust Guard to randomly and continually test our systems.
Our systems meet the VISA CISP (Cardholder Information Security Program) and SANS Institute (Sysadmin, Audit, Network, Security) certifications.
Our call center in Chico, CA can answer questions, place an order, and follow up on any service requests. Our product specialists are trained by our multiple brands to understand the products we sell. If we can't immediately answer your question, we'll will find it direct from the manufacturer.
We're available seven days a week at (855) 267-6813.
Even after an order is recorded, it's checked and assessed for fraud risk. Risk sales are flagged and held pending by a real live person to ensure the sale is valid. Once we have your confirmed assent and the information is verified correct, the flagged order is released and resumed.