New Construction Recessed Lighting Air Tight Housing
Small sized downlight is compact enough to fit in 2x6 joist installations, allowing these to be used in "shallow" such as multi-story dwellings or where attic space is used for storage.
- Description: Line voltage new construction shallow housing.
- Materials: Housing is 20 gauge steel, painted white. Frame, junction box and hanger bars are heavy gauge galvanized steel.
- Mounting: Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable from 12"-24" to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes. Hanger bars include a captive mounting "screw-nail" for ease of installation. Accommodates surface thickness of up to 1". 4 7/16" cutout hole.
- Ratings: Non-IC rated. Insulation must be kept at least 3" away from the housing.
- J-Box: Seven knockouts and four Romex(R) style wiring connectors provided for ease of installation. Rated for branch and chain wiring.
- Thermal Protection: Thermal protector supplied with R-400S-N-A protects against over-lamping.
- Listing: UL & CUL Listed. Suitable for damp locations.
- Hanger bars slots are located on all four sides of the frame.
- Certified Air Tight per ASTM E283.
- 5 year W.A.C. Lighting product warranty.
Additional WAC Lighting Links
Our SKU: WAC Lighting R-400S-N-A
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- WAC Lighting R-400S-N-A
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Recessed Lighting BasicsDon't let the thought of recessed lighting overwhelm you. Let us quickly walk you through the basics of recessed lighting and prepare you for your project.